ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 - ʟᴀʏ ʙᴀʀᴇ 🔞

"You couldn't have strength without weakness, you couldn't have light without dark, you couldn't have love without loss."

"Without further a dew, I shall announce the winner of the wildest pick-up-line holder..."- a wave of giggles could be heard among the crowd- "... Kim Taehyung!"

The surrounding students, a compact crowd threatening my phobias, started cheering and murmuring continuously, girls applauding and boys smirking and rolling their eyes. My eyes then locked on Taehyung's, who was gesturing me to come out of the crowd, my eyes widening in realization.

"Mister Kim" The girl who was playing as presenter said, looking at him, before adding. "Could I give us a demonstration of those dangerously sexy words of yours once more?~"

With a nod and a smirk which only I could notice, he agreed and reached out his hand to me again. I was frozen in place, moving in slow motion backwards, yelping as I bumped into someone.

"Jungkook-ah, go go! Look Taehyung is calling you on the stage, go on bunny..." Alena said, whispering close to my ear, pushing me slowly from the back, guiding and forcing me to go forward towards Taehyung's reached hand.
I took a deep breath and walked to him, placing my hand in his, only to yelp quietly as he pulled me towards him and up on the stage. He held my hand, a gulp and a shiver through my spine following, trying my best to hide the embarrassing nervousness.

Without closing my eyes, I could still feel like this was a dream, a fantasy. Such an impossible and unknown feeling blooming into my stomach, tingling my heart, blurring my mind. Either it was my narrow imagination, closed up by the past, or just so incredible and so perfect to be true.

In this world... the four elements are certain... fire, water, air and stone... all present around us. A perfect illusion.

The fifth element, a mischievous, frenzying entity which seems to act on its own ㅡ by the name of love. Waiting to engulf and bliss the sphere of four... or so easily destroy it.

I was afraid-

Yet my inner voice was interrupted by the outside world-

"Ohhh... they are so close...!" A voice said from the crowd, followed by another and another, agreeing and adding even more questions, before somebody quickly ran up to the stages and whispered something in the host's ear. Me and Taehyung looked at each other, confused about the act, darting our eyes between the host and the mysterious person who ran away.

The host spoke, and our hearts dropped instantly.

"Attention, please! Looks like we got a request here, which is going to turn this party into a heated moment, so please! Listen closely, everyone! We got a request of a romantic demonstration, as we all know the age of us all is the perfect time when we find love, passion and boldness. So we invite our two boys here, to show us, what love really means! Beyond words!"

Everyone applause and hopped on their feet, a bunch of "ohhhh"s and "awwhhh"s echoing and ringing in my ears. Taehyung, with a shocked and slightly worried look, whispered to the host.
"We cannot do that here, we are not a couple..."
Only to be met by her insisting reply "But you will surely be after this... come on Taehyung, I've seen how you were looking at this little bunny over here." She leaned back and looked at the crowd as it started cheering and repeating the same word over and over... "Kiss!"

Taehyung looked into my eyes and, despite being too unnoticeable for the others, he visibly felt the shake of my hand and the whimpers under my breath. He leaned closer, pulling me towards him at the same time, taking me in his arms, hiding me from the crowd. With a whispery soft tone, he said.