ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2) - ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

Jungkook's POV:

"I would love to but... I don't want to keep Taehyung and Jin waiting. They are really excited about showing me around." I was a bit stumbling on my words as his grip was tightening around my hand, his breath brushing over my shoulder. I tried to drag my arm from his clenched fingers, a whimper escaping my shaky lips as he pulled me back towards him, guiding me towards the door right after. Confusion was igniting like a flame in my heart, my legs tripping on each other as he stopped right in front of the door, without opening it. "What... are you doing, sir?"

Flashbacks suddenly hit through my mind with an inhumane force, sending any rational thinking to the edge and replacing it with horror.

"Wait- where are you taking me?! Someone hel-" I tried to scream, his hand covering my mouth sealing it close and muffling any sounds of my agony, soon enough followed by a flinch as his hand traced down my arm, abruptly pushing me against the door.
His hand pulled me back and slammed my head against the door, the impact blurring my vision as I started stumbling on my feet, soon leaning limply in his arms.

"Mhm... what are you doing...?" I managed to say before hitching my breath ㅡ a pinch in my neck, and the next thing I knew... everything was getting dark, until I slipped.

"-ey Jungkook-ah! Jungkook-ah, wake up...! Pl-... -ake up!" A distant voice was reaching my ears, barely breaking through the loud cover of sobs, my vision blurry from all the salty tears that were flooding my eyes. It was Namjoon again... I blinked my eyes slowly, lifting my free hand from the handle, holding my head, breath shaking uncontrollably. "Hey... God, you scared us to death. What happened to you?"

Images were getting clearer, forming familiar faces in front of my eyes ㅡ Namjoon. His eyes were so soft... nothing like before, the teasing piercing sparkle nowhere to be seen. "Come on let's get you up..." He said right before pulling me away from the metal door, slowly guiding me towards the bed.

"Wait. No, I- don't touch me...!" I shook my head and pulled my arm away from him, hugging it close to my chest and looking into the other's eyes with a terrified gaze.

"Okay, I won't. Just tell me what happened... Was it something you saw?"

"The memories... his face... what he had done to me..." I sat up higher on the bed, lifting one hand to my head, holding and rubbing it slowly as the pain was taking over.

"Who are you talking about?" Namjoon asked, coming closer to me, sitting on the bed, yet his hands not touching me, only his fingers inches away from my thigh. "Its okay, you can tell me..." He added, probably noticing the shake of my limbs and the quiet sobs I was trying to hide.

"I-" My head suddenly turned towards the door as knocking could be heard from the other side of it, Namjoon's eyes also turned towards it already.

Phew... saved by the bell...

Slowly getting up from the bed, he walked towards the door and opened it, welcoming a man in about... his 40s inside. "Oh God, finally! Been dying to get this book... Jeez..." Namjoon said, taking the package from the man's hands, which didn't even pay a glance at me before bowing and receiving the money. "You're most welcome, sir. I shall leave now. Delivery days are the worst around here." He said before heading out the door at Namjoon's guide, an exchange of smiles following before the door was shut again.
My eyes snapped as the click of the lock was heard, my heart sinking into the pit of my stomach for a second. I was debating in my head if I should just tell him that I want to leave... Or just leave... my hopes rising seeing how focused he was to unwrap the "as said" book.