➳ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

***
Taylor

It was a little past one in the morning and Taylor was softly humming one of her songs as she moved expertly around her kitchen looking for ingredients to bake brownies.

She was alone tonight,her cats lay somewhere upstairs and the singer hadn't invited anyone over.

Despite this she felt comfortable and content. Having decided that all personal and work related issues were to be ignored until the following day the singer had decided to make something sweet.

Now here she was stuck in her own little world of music and baking. Twirling around her kitchen with a bowl and spoon completely unaware of anything else.

That was until her phone started ringing and scared the living hell out of her.

"Who the..." she trailed off,catching sight of the caller ID.

Making sure she looked decent enough the blonde quickly answered the incoming video call.

"Hey Tay!"

The singers eyes widened as she took in her smiling friend. The blonde was definitely not dressed for bed.

"Well damn Em,making me look shabby here."

The other girl rolled her eyes.

"Stormy dragged me out to a party."

"Ah that explains the pretty clothes."

"Aww you think I look pretty?"

Taylor chuckled and put the phone down on the kitchen counter.

"I said the clothes were pretty."

Emma grinned back at her.

"A win is a win!"

The singer shook her head in amusement.

"Should you be calling me? Isn't Stormy with you?"

"Nope,she found a friend who invited her to join their group at a bar."

Taylor nodded in understanding,she knew the other woman rarely ever drunk any form of alcohol. It was something they had discussed before.

"I didn't interrupt anything did I?"

The older blonde shook her head and gestured to the black cat hoodie she was currently wearing and her messy hair.

"This is my baking outfit,so other than stopping me from making my brownies,you're good."

Emma looked at her for a second before getting up off her bed and walking through what Taylor assumed to be her apartment.

"Uh Em what are you doing?"

The younger woman entered her own kitchen and placed the phone on a ledge where Taylor could clearly see her.

"I am going to bake brownies with you."