The Ministry Has Fallen

Start from the beginning

Fred stood a few feet before me, firing hexes and ducking out of the way of the ones sent back towards us. Inside the tent I could see George and Arthur fighting two other masked wizards as Molly, Bill and Fleur took on another few. Charlie was knelt beside Ginny, trying to sever the ropes behind her back as stunning spell crashed against his chest, sending him backwards next to Ginny, her eyes wide in horror.

"Confringo!" Tonks shouted, the Death Eater narrowly jumping out of her line of fire, another one springing up on his left, stunning her in retaliation, her pink hair still visible from the ground as Remus charged for the two Death Eaters, blasting them both aside in one go and turning back to help Tonks.

"There's too many of them." I whispered, watching as Fleur too was knocked to the floor, Molly and Bill cornered by their opponents. "Remus-" I called, raising my wand as the ropes surrounded Remus too, my own stunning spell flying over the dark wizard's shoulder as they both turned towards Fred and I.

A jet of white shot towards Fred and I, Fred's fingers closing around mine to yank me towards him, the spell crashing against my shoulder as I hissed in pain. It felt as though my skin was bubbling, burning beneath the sleeves of my dress. Fred's eyes were bright as he looked over me, wand still raised before him as if waiting to see if I was alright. I nodded with a shrug, raising my wand up like his and ignoring the pain searing through my skin.

"No." I whined as I watched the stunning spell land on George, his body falling limp next to where Molly was struggling against her ropes. Arthur and Bill were the last two Weasley's standing inside the tent, five Death Eaters surrounded them, three approaching Fred and I, only four littered the ground around the tent.

"Stupefy-" A jet of red shot from Fred's wand, bouncing off the shield charm the Death Eater had created.

"Incarcerous." The roped exploded from the second one's wand, though they weren't aimed at Fred. I felt the rough material scratch along whatever was burning along my shoulder as I fell to the ground, Fred aiming another hex towards the tent before I felt the rope yank me forwards, the grass sliding beneath me as I was pulled towards the remaining Death Eaters, a wand going to my throat.

"Stop, now. Or we'll kill her." The voice was cold and unfamiliar. I felt my eyes flicker towards Fred's, his jaw set as he lowered his wand, glancing towards his father and Bill, wands still raised at their opponents. "We don't want to hurt anybody, we just need to ask a few questions. You lot are the ones who started a fight. Thought this was supposed to be a party."

I heard Fred scoff, though Arthur shot him a deep glare, finally lowering his wand, Bill following suit.

"That's better." The man's voice boomed out above me, yet his wand remained at my throat. "Drop your wands, if you would. Rookwood, Jugson, round them up."

"Oi!" Fred shouted, ropes surrounding the three remaining Weasleys as I felt myself being lifted from the ground, the Death Eaters carting everyone up towards the house, dropping us in a group, ropes surrounding everyone's limbs. Fleur and Tonks were now stirring, George's eyes landing on Ginny who nodded a few times at him to convince him that she was alright.

"Now that we've all gotten that out of our system." The cold-voiced man removed the mask from his face, glancing around at the group of them as Arthur let out a low sigh. "Afternoon, Arthur."

"Yaxley." Arthur replied, his face stony.

"I am terribly sorry to interrupt the day's events. Ministry work to be done, you understand." His voice was now sounding much more smug as he began to walk along the group. "Now, I know he's not here now. But has anyone seen Mr. Harry Potter recently?"