Chapter 15: Can I text you?

Start from the beginning

Even though they were separated by distance - with Saffron in Berlin and Erynn in London - they kept in touch regularly, texting each other about everything from the weather to nonsense things like are aliens real? Saffron found herself looking forward to Erynn's messages every day, and she couldn't deny that her crush on the rockstar is getting uncontrollable day by day.

She clicked open her phone and saw a message from Erynn with a picture attached. She opened it up and saw Erynn wearing an eccentric hat with a big octopus in it.

She couldn't help but smile and tap out a response, "Oh my gosh, Erynn! That hat is absolutely wild! Where did you even find something like that?" she teased.

Erynn quickly responded, "Haha, a fan gave it to me! I thought it was so outrageous that I had to post it."

"Only you, Erynn," she replied, laughing at Erynn's daring fashion choices.

"You know me! Always pushing the boundaries," Erynn quipped back.

"Well, it certainly made my day seeing that on Instagram," she said.

"And it makes my day knowing that my fashion choices can make your day," Erynn replied.

"Ha! You definitely succeed in that department!" she said, giggling.

"I try my best," Erynn said, sending a heart-eyed emoji.

The two continued their lighthearted banter back and forth, enjoying each other's company even from a distance. Saffron still giggling at their banter, got up to make herself some green tea. Suddenly her phone buzzed, and she saw that Erynn had sent her a video. She clicked on it eagerly, and the familiar sound of Erynn's guitar filled her ears. Saffron watched, mesmerized, as Erynn played a beautiful melody, her fingers moving deftly over the strings.

As the song ended, Erynn looked up at the camera and grinned. "What did you think?" she asked.

Saffron quickly typed out a response, telling Erynn how amazing she thought the song was. But she couldn't help adding a little flirtatious comment at the end.

"You know, if you keep playing like that, I might have to come home sooner to hear you play in person," she wrote.

A few moments later, a new message from Erynn appeared on Saffron's screen. "I would love that," she wrote with a smiley face.

Saffron felt her heart skip a beat at the thought of seeing Erynn again. Maybe cutting her vacation short isn't so bad yeah?

————xx———x——-x————-
(Day 10 - 1 week in Berlin for Saffron)

Saffron leaned back on the fluffly orange couch, scrolling through her phone screen as she waited for a response from Erynn. It's been a week of her staying with her mom and doing nothing but laze around when she's not visiting cafes and museums. Her mom ecstatic at her stay, lets her act like a teenage boy, giving her snacks and cooking her meals all week.

Ever since Erynn had returned to London, they had been texting non-stop, trying to keep the spark alive from across the pond. Saffron loved how Erynn would send her voice notes, telling her about her day or singing a random song. It made her feel like they were still close despite being so far apart.

"Hey Saff, how's your day going?" came the familiar beep from her phone. Saffron grinned and quickly typed out a reply.

"It's going alright, just thinking about what to eat next. You know how it is."

"Yeah, I do. But don't stress yourself too much, alright?"

Erynn always had a way of making Saffron laugh, even just through a silly text message. It was something that she appreciated more than anything.

All The Love Songs About You - EnglotOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara