Chap 18: Time To Go

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong? What does it say?" Mani asked, putting her hand on the small of my back.

"Dani is gonna try and kill herself. We have to stop her." I said.

"China..." Mani said, looking me deep in my eyes.

"What? Come on, she's around here somewhere. We have to go." I said, heading to the door.

"I've been here before, China. Remember?" She said.

"So what are you saying? To let Dan off herself? What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked her angrily.

"I'm just saying, look at it from Dani's point of view. She's suffering in a way that we don't understand first hand." Mani said calmly.

"I don't give a fuck! I'm not letting her hang herself or drown herself some damn where Mani! She's my best friend! I can keep helping her fight! And that's what I'm going to do!" Wait... there's a waterfall here in Grateway. Dani used to go there when she'd get upset to calm down, even took me a couple times. It was about four blocks away. I bet she's there. I left out of the apartment with Mani on my trail.

"China, just listen to me-"

"No. I'm saving Dani." I said, walking passed her car and to my own.

"Wait, let me drive you, China! Do you know where she is?" She asked me.

"I think so. The waterfall. You'll... will you take me?" I asked her.

"Yes, let's go." Mani agreed. So I got into the car with her and we drove off toward the waterfall.

"Dani is hurting China. She's physically and mentally exhausted." Mani said.

"I know that, Mani. I know! But this... I can't let her do this. I'm not... I'm not as strong as you are." I said.

"You are strong, China. You are. And I'm not saying just let her do it. I'm saying look at it from her point of view. What would you do, Chi?" She asked me. I didn't answer her. I saw the waterfall coming into view and saw Dan standing on the bridge that went over it. Mani stopped the car and we both hopped out.

"Dan! Dani, wait!" I called to her. She turned to me and smiled.