《Playground》

Prompt: Dream built Clare her own indoor playground.

Parent AU

No one's POV

Dream knew that one of Clare's favourite things to do is to play.

Especially, at playgrounds she sees whenever him and George are with her on a walk outdoors.

Though, Dream can't help but feel sad whenever there are times when people would pretty much occupy the entire playground, both indoors and outdoors, leaving his daughter no freedom to play safely.

That was until today.

Dream was mindlessly passing by the rooms in the house when he found one that they have been ignoring, and possibly forgot about for a long time.

It was a very spacious room inside, only containing some boxes filled to the brim with old stuff.

Dream started to wonder how he could take advantage of this room, when he got the idea.

He's sure that making Clare's own playground here would be basic.

Plus, when she sees the final result with a smile on her face, all his hard work will all be worth it.

Dream began telling George his plan, with him agreeing.

So he spent a few weeks ordering stuff online and some paint for the room, also making sure to see the reviews for it whilst George kept Clare away from that room, even though she had no intention of going in there.

Finally, everything Dream ordered arrived at their doorstep.

George helped him get everything upstairs, keeping it a bit quiet since he just put Clare to bed for her afternoon nap.

When it's all settled in the room, they both started working.

Dream told George he should do the simple one, which is the cleaning while he paints the room, as he prepared some newspapers scattered on the floor with tape on the interiors.

Dream, of course, got Clare's favourite colour for the room, which is a light shade of purple.

George got chairs for them to stand on, as well as aprons and paintbrushes; they started to paint the walls.

Over an hour has passed and the walls are now coated with lavender.

George wiped his forehead with his arm as he admired the whole room, "It looks perfect,"

"Yeah,"

Dream got all the playground parts out of the boxes as they started assembling it.

George worked on the ball pit and a play tunnel she can crawl in, and Dream built the slide and the mini swing.

Even though Dream made everything child-safe, he still bought a foldable playpen fence to be surrounded by it.

And now there came the day Dream and George are about to surprise her.

Clare has just woken up, still in her pajamas, with her hand holding George's, on the way there.

When George opened the door for her, Dream was already inside waiting for them.

They both walked in, and Clare adjusted her eyes to the light first before looking around; she smiled.

Her smile immediately grew when she saw one of her plushies by the ball pit as she ran towards to get it, and also play on the slide.

George may have took it from her bedroom, and it's safe to say that she already loves her play room.

When she got down from the slide, her smule still plastered on her face, Dream picked her up and carried her on his hip, with her head laying on his shoulder.

George took this as an opportunity to join their hug, making Clare giggle.

Just minutes after Dream broke the hug, he showed Clare some glow in the dark stars that he bought from the store.

Dream was tall enough to reach the ceiling, so he got one big star for him to stick on the ceiling.

George got a medium sized one from the packaging, and Dream was able to carry him so he stick it on next to his star.

Clare took a small star from the plastic, and Dream carried her with his hands on her waist.

When she put her small star on the ceiling, it was in between his and George's star.

"It very pretty," Clare happily pointed, with the stars now glowing a bit.

Dream and George both loved this.

Now she can play here whenever she wants, while being in the safety of her home.