f o u r - kitchen singing

Start from the beginning

"Okay, that's a lot of blue." Sarah said slightly perplexed. "Could we just rather look around the shop, see if something catches our eyes?"

The lady had been more than happy to let us scan around.

Sarah pulled me along with her, "Do you like the blue idea?"

"Sure, blue is a pretty color."

"Yeah, but it can't just be pretty, it has to be wow." She said with a small frown, studying an emerald color dress displayed on a mannequin.

"Well, short or long?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I was thinking long, the wedding date is set in summer though, maybe short would be a better option."

Sarah dropped Jess at home and then our very silent journey towards our home started. "So... do you have an idea for the venue?" I asked her, trying to make this less awkward.

"Not really."

"And the theme?"

"Hasn't crossed my mind." She shrugged it off, staring at the road ahead of her.

"Look, I'm sorry for being an idiot, I will try to be more supportive from now on, just please don't shut me out." I begged, but I still got no reaction, I sighed and decided to just shut my stupid mouth. The silence returned and I think Sarah preferred it that way.

"I'm sorry." Sarah whispered so softly that I nearly missed it.

"What?" I asked.

"I know you hate me. I know I've made your life hard, but I didn't mean to, I swear. I wasn't doing it intentional. I know mom and dad put a lot of pressure on you to be like me but you are you perfect, and you shouldn't change for anyone, not even your family. So I'm sorry, for everything. The reason I asked you to help me with the wedding was so that I could get to know the real Nora, not the one behind the mask." I could see tears building up in her eyes , and for the first time in years I felt my sister's love. "I do love you Nora, despite everything's that happened in the past, so please, give me a chance." She was the one begging this time, she briefly glanced at me then turned her attention back to the road.

Sarah's words kept replaying in my head, over and over and over again.

Give me a chance.

What about that time she humiliated me in front of the whole school?

Give me a chance.

What if she was just trying to play a trick on me, after all, she did win best actress of the year in high school.

Give me a chance.

No. I owed her this, she was trying, and if she was trying, the least I could do was give her a chance.

"Okay." I told her, breaking the clear tension in the car, she sighed in relief and shot me a grateful smile. "You won't regret it, I promise." I nodded. We stopped and climbed out of the car with small smiles on our faces. Sarah unlocked the front door and held it open for me to walk in first.

I went to my room, deciding to get a head start on my homework, seeing that I had missed most of my school day anyway. I gathered my books and made my way to my bed when there was a knock at my door. Internally I wanted to groan, because I like being alone, but the amazing person I am, I kept it in.

"What?" I asked uninterested.

"Don't talk to me like that," my mom walked through the doorway, last time I checked, I didn't invite her in? "I came to tell you that you will be staying the night at Jess's house, her parents are more than happy to have you, so pack your things, they will come for you at five."