Friday, December 28th, 2013 𓃗

"Hey, you wanna hang out today? Go catch a movie, or do something?" Stella asks over the phone.

"Sorry Stella, but I have to go visit the orphanage." I say, apologetically.

"Oh for f***'s sake, that's what you've been saying the past two days."

"I'm sorry again, but the kids need me right now. It was just Christmas and they need more help than ever. We can hang out tomorrow, okay?"

"Ugh, fine, I guess so." I can practically feel an eye roll coming from Stella. "Talk to you later." She hangs up the phone and I'm left to get ready for the orphanage.

~𓃗~

A few hours later, I pull up into the driveway of the orphanage and get out of the car. I walk up to the entrance and do my whole thing with pressing the buttons and checking in and stuff. But as I approach the front door, I see someone who looks like.. Stella. I see this person through the glass of the door talking to the front desk, looking upset. And angry.

I wait until they go away before walking inside. Merry May is the receptionist as usual.

"Hiya, Merry! How are ya doin' today?" I ask delightfully.

"Oh, I'm fine, thanks, Applejack. You know where to go, I'll see you later!"

"Actually, I was wonderin', what did the person before me talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know if you wanna know all that.. or if I can share that with you,"

"Merry May, please."

Merry pauses for a second, her face tense, but then it softens.

"She was talking to me about the program you're in, the one to help the orphans, the one for businesses like yours. She was complaining about the hours and stuff, but I explained how it was all voluntary and the businesses just really like helping out, you know? She was weirdly defensive about the whole thing and seemed resentful towards the orphans. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal."

I'm shocked. But, you know what? Maybe it wasn't Stella. It couldn't be. She's so nice, and kind-hearted, she could never.

But..

What if?

"Merry May, if you don't mind me asking.. What did this person look like?"

Merry chuckles, "Well, only because you are one of my favorite volunteers. She had, uh, some sort of blue-ish gradient hair, and wore a ton of silver jewelry. My my, wasn't she a sight!"

My eyes go wide, but I try to hide it.

"Um, alrighty. Thank you, Merry. See you next time, heh."

"Of course!"

we're so close to the end!!
i know this may feel a bit
rushed, but honestly i have no
filler chapters LMAOOO
anyways im lowkey sooo 
excited for the finale chapter