𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

Start from the beginning

Y/N nodded quietly and with a soft hum, she replied, "I understand. Though, the library is a bit empty right now considering that we've just opened for the morning. Nonetheless, please restrain yourself from speaking too loudly."

Celena's face flushed in embarrassment, her cheeks burning and painted a bright shade of red to match her hair.

"Sorry, I'll be sure to be quiet," she whispered, though it still maintained the same bashful tone from before.

Chuckling, Y/N nodded once more. "Would you like some assistance? I can only assume that you're new here, correct?" Y/N raised a brow.

Celena bobs her head along. "That's right! Uh. Do you have . . ."

Her eyes darted around the library, her head following her eyes.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, snapping her fingers. She swung herself back to face the librarian. "Fairy tale romances! You know, like retelling and Snow White. That kind of stuff."

Y/N's eyes widen. "Oh, of course! I actually have a few recommendations, follow me."

Leading the red head towards the counter, Y/N turned and entered the small office and dug through the drawers. At least, she pulled out a few books.

"Okay!" she said, returning to the counter where the girl had decided to stay. She smiled cheekily and leaned closer. "Actually, I'm quite a sucker for fairy tales- especially when it comes to romances. But let's keep this between just me and you, okay?"

Y/N gave Celena a clean wink, to which she giggled.

"Okay," she whispered excitedly.

"So, the first one is called Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly. It's one of my personal favorites because it's a Cinderella retelling that takes the perspective of one of the stepsisters. I think that it's really interesting! Not only that, but since the story is taking the perspective of the stepsister, it creates this well-built tension between Good and Evil. Interesting, huh?"

Celena barely had the chance to nod and agree before Y/N slid the book to her side of the counter.

"Then the next one is Dangerous Tales which feature twelve fairy tales . . ."

        "So," she prompted her chin on top of her folder hands

"So," she prompted her chin on top of her folder hands. "What do you think? Any that you're interested in?"

"Yeah . . . let me just-" she peered at the back cover before opening the book and skimming the pages quickly. "Mm, this is hard. Uh, what do you recommend?"

The librarian hummed. "It depends. Have you ever read any of the original tales before?"

"No."

"Then I recommend this one," she said, sliding the book towards her, the cover displaying a wolf made of thorns and a girl with a bright red cape. "You'll love it."