𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

In a tiny nook beside the tall skyscrapers of New York, and the glossy glass windows that burned with heat, a small gold knob glimmered. There, resided a soda pop machine.

How odd...why would a soda pop machine have a knob? What could it be doing in a tiny corner of New York like this?

But the golden knob seems to glimmer even brighter as if cooing the foreigner closer, and they do. Their hand touches the nob, the cool feeling clashing with their warmth, and with a turn and a pull . . . it opens.

The mysterious yet alluring machine creaks open, the sound loud and scratchy.

There, the soda pop machine reveals a dimly lit library; Creamy brown shelves seemed to have reached the ceiling, and they were filled to the brim with various colored spined books. Dangling from the ceiling, silver hooks hung a still white pot, the vines escaping over the rim.

With a newfound curiosity, the foreigner enters the library. Their footsteps softly thump against the beige-colored carpet floor, in which was clearly vacuumed only recently. And with every step, the foreigner grew more confident, and they strode through the shelves with much ease before stopping.

The foreigner then grazes their fingers across the spine of a novel, soaking themselves in the peaceful silence and the comfort that these books brought to them. As they gently caressed the books, they noticed that some books were ragged, bent on the sides of the spine, and clearly in need of repairment. They also noticed that while others had broken spines, some were pristine- clean and smooth to the touch compared to the others they had felt. They go to grab a book-

"Hello, would you like some assistance?"

        The foreigner jumps, startled, and the lady who asked them a question surrenders an apologetic smile

"Ah, sorry . . . Scaring you wasn't my intention. You came in so quietly; if it wasn't for the creaking of the door, I wouldn't have noticed."

Pressing a hand against their chest, the foreigner nods slowly, their breathing a bit heavy from the sudden shock.

"Right! Sorry about that!" they chuckle awkwardly, feeling a bit embarrassed and shy.

With a small hum (though the lady swore that it sounded more like a cough), they thrust their hand out.

"I-I'm . . . Celena- with a C! It's nice to meet you!"

She smiled politely, seeming to find amusement in the foreigner's bashfulness before taking her hand and shaking it.

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Y/N. Now, what brings you to this . . . rather small library?"

Celena gave her a shy smile and scratched the nape of her neck.

"Oh, well . . . I came by accident. You see, I was confused as to why there was a random soda pop machine in the middle of New York- especially with a nob! So I just opened it and-" She exaggerated her story by raising her arms. "That's why I'm here!"