Chapter 3

...

Drake was outraged by the attitude of the main protagonist. He doesn't understand why, after the villain cuck him in that novel, did some unspeakable things to him and nearly caused him his life, he still forgave him. At some point in that novel, they even teamed up to defeat one the Dimensional invader in a dungeon break and do the famous cliche 'the power friendship' making Drake want to smash his phone in disgust at that time.

Although Drake said that he liked the novel, what he likes is the story as a whole and the uniqueness of the world setting. 

It's absolutely nothing to do with the cucked mc.

Drake shook his head and shifted his focus back at the silvery gray baby dragon in front of him who was intently looking at him with its vertically slit purple eye. He guessed that it was doing filial imprinting, as he was the first thing that the infant dragon saw.

It squeaked at him which he found adorable at that moment. Drake can only imagine it when he read the novel , but seeing it alive right in front of him, gave him a surreal feeling. 

Drake just stared at it squeaking at him while making a purring sound like a feline animal. After making a few squeaks, it ate its eggshell like some tasty treats. 

After finishing every bit of the eggshell, its body gets noticeably more meatier and the mucous on its body completely drieds off. 

"Are you done little buddy?" Drake playfully addresses the baby dragon who squeaks back at him. It looks cute and dumb at the same time, completely forgetting that it comes from a family of ferocious beast bloodline. 

The baby dragon clumsily walks towards him and a notification sound pops inside his head.

[Ding! An infant space dragon recognizes you as its guardian. Will you accept? Yes/No] 

Drake chose 'Yes'. He would be worse than the cucked mc if he denies this heaven's gift right in front of him. 

[Please set its name.]

Another notification pops up after choosing yes.

Drake didn't take long to decide its name. Since it looks kinda dumb with its big eyes, he names it after Beetlejuice.

"Alright, from this day onwards your name shall be Betelgeuse. Your name may reach and be feared in every corner of our universe!" 

Drake made his great speech right after he named it after some goofy looking dude with bulging eyes, but 'Betelgeuse' is also referred to in a certain star. He was Completely oblivious that his arrogant remarks would likely come true. 

He picks it up and hugs it, surprised by its weight. It's rather heavy for its size.

He puts it down again and he crouches instead. Drake pokes it's snout with his index finger while looking right on Betelgeuse sparkly eyes.

Drake finally decided to check the baby dragon's stat after some deliberation. He already knew its status since it is also shown in the novel but he felt that it was irresponsible of him if he didn't do so. 

Also now that he thinks of it, his mindset is kinda skewed. He felt that he might get himself killed early on if he keeps relying entirely on the novel's plot. 

Although he knows that he can't be perfect, exercising caution is always best. After all, prevention is better than cure.

He would rather avoid an unfavorable situation rather than find himself in some dipshit trouble.

...

[Betelgeuse-

Age: 0

Lvl: 0 (EXP: 0/100)

Race: Space Dragon 

Talent: -Spacial Control 

-Elemental Master 

Health: 250/250

Mana: 100

Stamina: 50

Strength: 50

Agility: 75

Vitality: 50

Intelligence: 20

Magic power: 50

Perception: 10

Skill: -Breath

Title: Space Dragon ] 

...

Even after checking it many times, it still gives him chills whenever he sees it.

The seemingly rather small frame of this baby dragon, hid a yet frighteningly pack of power.

And those not so small numbers of magic power didn't surprise Drake that much. Every magic attack of this lil' dragon is just ungodly. 

Betelgeuse magic attack is not blockable by normal means at the mortal stage. After all, it simply raptures or slices the space. 

It is overpowered at an early stage compared to an elemental dragon at the same stage. Even with a natural high magic immunity , elemental dragons don't have means to protect their body when the space gets sliced or raptured.

But it all changed when they grew up to adulthood. Dragons after all are naturally gifted and can also comprehend spacetime elements, offsetting the Space Dragon's advantage and vice versa.

...

Drake brought lil' Betelgeuse outside and resumed his hunt. 

His house is now surrounded by houses and commercial buildings. Unlike in Drake's previous timeline where his house is rather an empty plot of land and a bit Woody at that. 

And now it means that the number of zombies in these areas is around dozens of hundred. 

Drake continued his slaughter heading to some groceries store at a distance. 

Although it's a bit strange to have two memories of the same place but also different at the same time, it didn't hinder him at all.

He navigated through the street to the nearest mart to get some supplies. 

Betelgeuse shows its ferociousness by clawing the zombies left and right.

It only takes 10 minutes or so until he gets to the nearest grocery store.

Drake barges inside the store building together with his dragon companion.

After he was inside, he saw the cashier ladies. But it only growls at him. 

Its appearance is pale, almost gray in color, protruding black veins on its face and the rest of its exposed skin, its eyes are completely white resembling a dead fish's eyes. She looks the same with every zombie he encounters.

Seeing the zombie clerk lunge at him, he kicks it in its stomach making it stumble backwards. 

He follows it with a downward slash on its face with his butcher knife. Its face split open, exposing what's inside her skull.

A mush white matter mixes with some dark arteries like tree roots. 

Drake makes quick work with her. After that, he and Betelgeuse quickly finished all the zombies within the store.