𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

"How many times have I told you!? It needs more color. It is Christmas!!" Anastasia groaned in frustration to see the servants decorating the tree for the holiday season. In the following weeks without her husband, she had been planning to visit the orphans to celebrate the holiday on Christmas Eve.

She was holding her dogs in her arms while she was dressed in a silver dressing gown with makeup. Brimsley guided the servants to hang up the ornaments while he saw the annoyed face of the queen. The tree was a medium size and the lights were lit with the servants hanging bland ornaments. Shaking her head as she scoffed lightly before a servant showed a dish to her.

She dipped a finger to taste-tested it before she nodded her head. "Your Majesty, how much color do we need?"

"Well, it currently looks more like a Krampus tree than Santa Claus spreading the holiday cheer, Brimsley. It needs more gold and red and more character!" He bowed his head before Anastasia began writing down the donation for the orphanage before the maids guided her to her bedchamber.

Moments later, Anastasia walked down the steps to the foyer in an emerald and gold ballgown with a halo snowflake crown with her hair down on her shoulders. She certainly looked like the Christmas Queen. Echoing the foyer with the wondrous gasp to see the beautiful tree with nutcrackers, Santa, reindeer, red and gold ornaments, and lastly gold tinsels with a star topper.

Laughing joyfully as she applauded, "Oh, the children will love this!! It will be the best Christmas for them all. We have the presents, yes?"

"We do, Your Majesty. They are waiting in the carriage."

Anastasia smiled softly before a maid put her on the white cloak with sparkling snowflakes. The servants carried the tree down the steps out of the house and set it in the carriage with presents. Brimsley walked behind her before she stepped into the white open carriage while the falling snow surrounded her and Brimsley. There was Lucky who was guiding her carriage for the queen.

There was Anastasia in the orphanage, entering the building. Shocking the ton to see the queen spending the holiday with children who don't have families or a Christmas tree instead with the king. She gave them all they could ever hope for to bring joy. Narrating the stories by the fireplace while they all eat the sweets that she baked by hand, and provided meals with turkey, potatoes, and vegetables from the garden. The garden... the garden where George planted the vegetables.

She was lost in thoughts when she saw them enjoying the meals. Yearning that he was here by her side instead in the far distance. Smiling in thought she imagined her husband playing games with the children. Kissing little girls' cheeks under the mistletoe to make them insanely blush. Smiling along with the provided jokes they had given them, and lastly... he would look at her.

The same look when she... completely, utterly admired him.

"Your Majesty." Thoughts stopped when there was a little boy below her who was holding a holly in his hand. "This is for you."

Anastasia gasped lightly before she lowered down to her knees while she smiled warmly. She received an offer from his hand, "Why, thank you. Philip. It is beautiful!" Her lips pressed on his forehead softly as he gasped lightly in amazement. He received a kiss of gratitude from the queen.

Philip ran away from her in excitement with his pink cheeks, leaving her to giggle as she watched him go. Sighing heavily before she rose up from her knees and looked down a holly on her palms including the wedding ring on her finger. Thinking about the king who stole her heart.

While the orphans shouted farewell to her, she was waving her hand as she smiled widely. "Happy Christmas, Queen Anastasia!!" The carriage was pulled away while the children kept waving, then she continued to wave to them as she stood on the seat, hovering over the back.