27 - Starlight

Comparing the drunken peck Haechan had stolen from Yeoreum weeks ago in Taipei to the way Yeoreum kissed him under the milky way was like comparing lighting a match to the explosion of a gas plant.

Truthfully, the intensity of Yeoreum's kisses made Haechan think that she was angry with him. Her lips were hard and unyielding against his and her hands tugged his scalp violently. Had she not been the one to initiate it, Haechan would've assumed that she didn't want to kiss him at all, but when he pulled backwards to give her some space, she refused to let go of him.

He had kissed plenty of girls in the past but no one had ever attacked him with such fury. Yeoreum pushed and pulled him as if she couldn't decide if she wanted to be closer to him or not as her lips devoured him without letting him catch his breath. She had even lifted one leg over his lap like a cat might do to hold down a mouse to prevent it from escaping.

Not that Haechan had any plans to escape.

All of his plans of interrogating her in order to figure out her secrets had flown out through the window and all he could focus on was the way her lean body and her demanding lips pressed against him, and her fluffy, short hair as it tickled his forehead.

She kissed him like there was no tomorrow and he kissed her like he wanted it to last forever. Every time she pushed him, he tightened his hold of her waist and pulled her closer.

After what felt like a blink of an eye, the kiss was over and both of them gasped for air as Haechan's hands circled around Yeoreum and settled at the small of her back. At some point she had ended up straddled in his lap and he could feel her gasp for air against his lips as her forehead rested against his temple. Despite the coolness of the night air, Haechan felt hot and electrifying shivers ran up and down his body.

Her hold of his hair became less demanding and one of her hands slipped to rest against his neck, her fingers sweeping underneath the collar of his coat, sending yet another electric shock down his spine.

"This is a one-time thing", Yeoreum mumbled in a raspy voice.

Haechan's eyes opened. "What?" He pulled his head back slightly and her fingernails scraped against his neck.

Yeoreum opened her eyes as well and her usually empty gaze was full of unnamed emotions.

"This – this thing", she said quietly, nodding towards Haechan. "It won't happen again."

The fact that she was saying it while still sitting in his lap, her hands tangled in his hair and neck and her lips swollen from the aggressive kisses would've been funny if Haechan wasn't so confused.

"You are the one who kissed me", he pointed out slowly.

Yeoreum nodded. Her cheeks – already flushed – turned a shade or two brighter. "I know."

"And you didn't seem to hate it."

Embarrassed, Yeoreum looked down and gave him a half-hearted shrug. "Yeah."

Still confused, but simultaneously endeared by her awkwardness, Haechan caressed her cheek softly.

"Let me ask this. You do like me, don't you?"

Yeoreum stopped breathing.

Haechan leaned closer and pecked her red cheek lightly. Her lashes fluttered but she refused to face him, instead staring at the blanket underneath them.

"I told you already that I like you even though I know that I shouldn't, and I think that the same goes for you."

Yeoreum was still not breathing.

Haechan pressed his lips against her other cheek. "Am I right?" he mumbled against her skin.

"Maybe." Barely audible whisper.