3.1

jul 20 2007

"What are we going to see again," Charlie asked, buckling his seatbelt.

"It's this cute little thing, Lottie sighed, climbing into the backseat next to Nakia. "Called Hairspray. We're going to have a great time!" Nakia grinned.

"Can't we just go see Transformers," Charlie pouted. "It should be a lot cooler."

"It's not very appropriate, too much gore and violence."

"Isn't Hairspray about racism?" Thomas perked up, but Lottie decided to ignore his question.

"What ya say, kid," Charlie bribed. "Wanna go see robots bust each other up?" The kid shrugged.

"I like singing and dancing," she said softly. "It might be fun." Charlie groaned to himself.

"As long as there's popcorn," he sighed, as Thomas started the car.

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Four large popcorn buckets please," Thomas said to the person at the concession stand who sighed. "Three sodas. Want something to drink Nakia?"

"Um," she said, looking at a cup of yellow ice. "What's that?"

"And a lemonade slushy."

The person handed her a bucket of popcorn and her "slushy" and handed everyone else their items.

Now she was off!

Nakia had never seen a movie in an actual movie theater before. Klaus and Ben had gone once: Nakia was supposed to go with them but she had ended up in the basement for the night, so they had to go without her.

According to Klaus, it was an amazing experience.

Now she was going to have her amazing experience. As she sat in the chair, staring at the screen for the first time, her eyes widened with excitement.

Her head fell on Thomas's arm who settled back into his seat. Charlie looked over to the two before smiling slightly at Lottie who beamed.

They had never seen this man this happy in over two years. He was moody, and noticeably unhappy after the accident. But now he was smiling and looking forward to things.

And Lottie genuinely believed he was on the road to recovery.

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nathan Grimrose was growing hungrier for blood to spill. Of course, he was still disposing of the people who got in his way, but it was starting to mean nothing to him.

Unless it was one of those people surrounding themselves with the girl, the people his blades were slicing meant both to him.

Now he was sitting in the very back of the theater, watching a very excited little girl a couple of rows away from him.

He wiped his bloody hands on the seat next to him. He had to kill a very rude woman to get these tickets. His kills were becoming sloppy.

But this came in record time. Nakia had just been taken to a very public place. The time couldn't be better. They were also getting restless. Making more mistakes.

It wouldn't be long before the boogeyman made his move.

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"For the millionth time, stop with the signing!" Charlie groaned, gripping the steering wheel. Thomas snickered, as he turned his head to Nakia. She was sitting next to Lottie in the truck, dangling her feet and singing the Hairspray soundtrack at the top of her lungs.

Lottie seemed to find the whole thing amusing as she tapped her feet to the beat of her singing.

"Oh, let the girl have her fun," Lottie told him. Charlie grumbled, getting off the parkway.

Nakia had the best time of her life. The movie was amazing. Probably one of the greatest movies she'd ever seen. Granted, that was a short list, but it was still up there.

And now for the past thirty minutes, Nakia had been singing in the backseat to the Soundtrack of her dreams.

Charlie was so relieved to finally pull up to the house, which finally meant an end to the singing. He practically ran out of the car to sweet bliss.

Nakia climbed out of the car to see three familiar figures on the steps to Thomas's house.

"Phil? Natasha? Clint?" the girl asked. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're here to take you out," Clint chuckled, standing up. "Giving Thomas a night off."

Thomas had decided to leave Nakia in the hands of his closest friends so he could have a vital conversation with his brother. Lottie was unavailable for the night because she had wanted to test her luck during bingo night at the community center.

"Come on kid," Natasha greeted, putting her arm around her shoulder. "Do you like chicken nuggets?"

"Bye Thomas," Nakia waved, getting into Coulson's car. "Bye Charlie, bye Lottie!"

"Goodbye dear," Lottie replied, before walking to her house. "Have a good night." Phil drove off.

"What's so important that you had to send the kid away," Charlie asked. "I mean, you guys have literally been attached at the hips for months."

"I don't need her finding out about this," Thomas said, opening his door. "It might blow up in my face."

Charlie raised an eyebrow.