1.3

nov 1 2006-nov 2nd 2006

Nakia woke up the next morning with Ben by her side. They had fallen asleep beside one another the night before in peaceful bliss.

She yawned, ruffling her curls, before hitting Ben with her pillow. He woke up with a start with a yell. He glared at her. She giggled, her teeth showing.

"Breakfast," she said pointing to the door. He nodded, yawning as well.

Nakia turned to her bathroom, preparing to take a shower, while Ben left the room.

As she brushed her teeth, she took a warm shower. It made her feel fuzzy, and she found that her open flames burned brighter and longer with the help of the heat in her showers.

In a fuzzy black towel, she brushed and dried her hair before putting it into a ponytail.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror. This was the best she had felt in over a year. She had patched up her relationship with Ben. It made her ecstatic that she had her closest friend back. Nakia quickly ran around getting dressed in her skirt and shirt. As she slipped on her sweater vest, she heard the alarms ringing.

She sighed. Great. There goes my day.

She collected her belongings and exited her room, huffing at her hunger. All she wanted was some breakfast.

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The mission was simple. It was a hostage situation, the mayor's daughter had been kidnapped by at least twenty people.

Her name was Jessie or Jessica, or Jennifer or something. Nakia honestly hadn't been paying attention in the car.

Luther had split them into pairs to take advantage of the situation and overpower the hostages.

Luther had paired himself with Allison, go figure. They planned to use brute strength and manipulation to clear the path for their siblings.

Klaus and Diego had been paired for damage control and to cover their backs. However, Klaus found a ghoul in the warehouse and sparked up a conversation with them.

Nakia and Ben were to rescue the girl safely and arrest any other criminals that might be holding her.

Reginald informed them she was being held in the back of the warehouse so Nakia and Ben began to push past their siblings.

As they began to run to the back of the warehouse Ben began to chuckle.

"Klaus and I," he said "We wanted to take you to the movies."

Nakia laughed, keeping her pace. "Sneaking out huh?"

"Yeah," he said, as they reached the room. "Just like old times."

"Sure," she smiled. "Sounds like fun."

They stopped at the locked door. As Nakia reached for the handle, Ben swooped his arms around her in a tight hug. The tall girl looked at him suspiciously.

"What's this for," Nakia whispered, smiling.

"It means that I love you," Ben told her. "I love you very much."

"I love you too, brother."

With that, Nakia burned the lock on the door, with the palm of her hands. Ben went to push the door open, but Nakia stopped him.

"Let's keep their blood pumping," Nakia smirked. "Makes it fun." With that, she took her foot and kicked the door down. The door fell off the hinges and exploded into clouds of dust.