𝐗𝐗𝐗, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

Start from the beginning

He witnessed in real time as the black string of hatred began weaving its way towards someone.

"This fucker is still in Volterra," Marcus spat as the black weaved around again and again until it created a thick black line headed right towards the man who had brutalized his mate for so long.

"How do you know that?" Caius snapped and let go of his arm. "Where is he? It's broad daylight out there, it's nearing the summer. he's be a fucking disco ball if he dares step into the sun."

The bond wasn't thinning, which is what happened when people got too far away. That was his understanding of his gift. The thicker the bond, the closer they were. The more visible, the more you felt whatever way you felt towards an individual.

The line was thick and black. Do not cross, it screamed, but Marcus had a plan for how to catch this man, if he could.

"You will stay in the castle," Marcus told his older brother, who shook his head in defiance. "Yes, Caius, you will be here to protect River and hold the castle down. I can track him, alone, understand me? I will go alone and catch him, take him down once and for all. She hates him."

Caius grabbed his arm again and stood firm. "You are not getting yourself killed. I can't live without you. Aro can't live without you. Our mate can't live without you, especially knowing that it was him who killed you."

"We have no other choice!" Marcus exclaimed, attempting to pry off his brother's hand from his arm. Damn him for being so strong. "You must stay to guard the castle! Aro is in Forks! I am a King and I must protect my home!"

The second that the younger vampire got his brother's hand off of him he was tackled down to the floor, held down and forced to stay there.

"I AM NOT LOSING YOU AGAIN!" Caius screamed at him, "I LOST YOU FOR OVER A THOUSAND YEARS AND I REFUSE TO LOSE YOU AGAIN!"

He'd never seen his brother so incensed, so upset with an action he was taking. Caius had never tackled him before like this either, never screamed in his face like a child begging someone to not walk out on them.

Their bond shook with the fear, he felt it even in his chest as his eyes were glazed over. That silver bond that had been built up over the years, had told them that they were brothers despite having no blood relation, it had hints of worry that were wrapping over on his side. The barely visible hurt and pain that came with burned as he tried to wiggle away.

Caius was convinced that if he left that he would never come back.

"Why can't you let me catch and kill him?" Marcus asked the question that he knew the answer to. "Just let me get him now and we won't ever have to deal with him ever again!"

"YOU WON'T GET HIM NOW GOING ALONE! YOU WILL DIE AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO BRING YOU BACK!" Caius' eyes were glazed over with tears that he couldn't shed.

"You mean too much to me," Caius whispered as he loomed over him on the floor. "Marcus, you can't take this kind of risk. You're a king, you have a family who need you here. I need you here."

Marcus had always been the one to take the leap, even if he didn't seem like it. The second danger struck, he would be protecting the ones that he loved, which made this even harder for him. He could not hurt Caius and make him truly believe that he would be dead outside, it would make him non-functioning inside these walls in case of another infiltration.

So, he had to strategize inside.

Hopefully someone had a plan.

---

ARO WAS HYPERVENTILATING IN ONE OF THE FORESTS IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, HE WASN'T QUITE SURE WHICH ONE IT WAS OR IF THE NAME OF IT ACTUALLY MATTERED IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS.