thirty six

Anya seriously can't deal with Lexa. They say liking women doesn't affect anybody negatively but then there's Lexa, who first gets into a two-year relationship with a spy and then lays in bed entangled with a deadly Goddess and the biggest enemy of the coalition (the woman Lexa apparently hates so terribly).

And Anya told Lexa that they'd have to go over the paperwork Lexa should've finished the day before that morning together. She announced herself for shortly after sunrise, all bundled up in warm clothes and cloths over her face, just in the way the Skaikru doctors want it for those who are absolutely required to visit others. Technically, that's just caretakes and doctors, but they can't really hold a general like Anya back from talking to her Heda.

So she's let into the tent after the guard knocks a few times (when Lexa feels really moody, she sometimes just won't answer, or maybe she's getting ready and didn't hear, or maybe she's still asleep.) What Anya doesn't expect (but isn't terribly surprised by either) is the scene in front of her.

If it was anything sexual, Anya wouldn't be surprised at all. She knows Lexa slept with Skaiprisa, which Anya considers far too risky but she knows Lexa and her mood lately, and better be unreasonable with a bed partner than with a political decision. Especially after Costia, Azgeda and the stress of Gods on Earth, Anya understands that Lexa's anger, temper and attraction to beautiful women might bring her into bed with Skaikru's leader. It's not unusual; the people in the clans, and especially the warriors, have quite a tradition of enjoying that side of life when things get rough.

Only it's not sexual at all. It doesn't look like Lexa, or like a common occurance between two enemies.

Skaiprisa is dressed in strange clothing Anya has seen on Skaikru people sometime or other, and so is Lexa. Lexa, who is so proud of her people, her traditions, her ways, in such funny clothing of foreigners?

Then, they're cuddling. Like cuddling cuddling. Not just an arm thrown over a waist or a stomach, or feet touching, like it may happen when two share a bed- no, purposeful cuddling in such a familiar, comfortable way that isn't common at all among their people unless they are bonded for life.

Well, the whole picture looks very strange to Anya, but as mentioned, she's not too surprised. A little, sure, but somehow this seems like exactly what odd thing could happen between a Sky Person and Lexa.

Mainly though, despite the worry in the back of her mind that this is a lethal Goddess so close to her Heda, Anya notices the peacefulness on both their faces, their relaxed bodies, their steady breaths.

One thing; she really is glad that Lexa has some way of sleeping well.

Another thing; something feels inherently wrong about this and this is the Heda amidst a war- there's really no place for distractions.

So she raps her knuckles against the tent frame again and says, "Heda," loudly enough that the sound wakes Lexa up immediately. She reaches for her dagger before she realizes it's Anya and glowers at her. "What?"

"We have a meeting," Anya says drily and Lexa groans. This wakes Skaiprisa up, who stretches and whose face twists into unhappiness as soon as she realizes she just woke up.

"Lexa, what the hell are you doing? It's in the middle of the night."

"I'm late for a meeting."

"What? What time is it?"

"I told you Clarke, I don't have one of your time counters. Somewhat after sunrise."

"Ugh. Too early."

"You only say that because you sleep like a drunkard until noon."

"Shut up and come back to bed."

"You shut up. Anya is literally standing right here, I can hardly send her out."