~No escape~

Your POV:

I look at Bubba. Maybe he wasn't gonna hurt me? Maybe he was different than his brothers? He seemed nicer. He could've killed me if he wanted to already but he hasn't. Maybe he actually does like me like Nubbins said?

Anyways, I know there is no way I'm gonna escape. Bubba is probably gonna be watching me all the time, and same with the other two. I don't know why Drayton despises me so much, maybe it's cause Bubba likes me. Or he just wants to eat me.

I sat on the bed with Bubba. We were just staring at each other. I open my mouth to speak and ask a question but then I remembered he can't actually speak. He tilts his head at me and I shake my head before looking at the floor. "Bubba, where are my friends?" I knew he couldn't talk but maybe he could show me instead? His face lights up and he grabs my hand and takes me to the basement. I don't know what I was expecting to see down there but it wasn't meat hooks, blood, or anything else down there.

Nubbins had followed us, trying to see what we were doing. Bubba opens a freezer that was filled with meat. I don't dare to look as the smell makes me gag. "Ok, please close it. The smell is horrid." I say as I look at Bubba. His little smile disappears and he closes it before grabbing my hand again. He's about to take me back upstairs to his bedroom when we see Nubbins watching us. "Uhh, hey! Watcha doin'?" He asks nervously.

"Have you been watching us?" I ask while looking at him. "Maybe... I just wanted to make sure Bubba wasn't takin you down here to kill ya. Which, he would never kill ya." I sigh, letting go of Bubbas hand which causes him to let out a sad squeal and reach for my hand again. I let him grab my hand and he smiles again. Bubba stands next to me as I talk to Nubbins. "I think I'm starting to believe you about Bubba liking me." I say.

Bubba looks at me with a sad expression and makes a pig noise. "Translate." I say as I look at Nubbins. "He said, ya didn't believe I liked ya?" I look at Bubba. "I did believe... I was just scared and... I don't know. I'm sorry Bubba." He puts one of his hands on my cheek and looks me deep in my eyes. He smiles lightly at me, which I then smile back. Yes, I was still scared that this cannibalistic family might eat me, but maybe they wouldn't since Bubba likes me?

Bubba makes a happy sounding squeal which Nubbins then translates. "He said he forgives you." I smile at Bubba which he then smiles widely at me. Bubba grabs my hand gently and then leads me out of the basement and past Nubbins. Nubbins follows us as Bubba takes me back upstairs to his bedroom. I sit down on his bed, letting go of his hand. He sit next to me and grabs my hand again. It seemed he liked holding my hand. He looks down at me, smiling. I wondered what he looked like under the mask...

I reach my hand up and touch the edge of his mask where some stitches were. He seemed to not mind me touching the mask or the stitches on the mask. He makes an animal noise which startled me. I look him in his eyes, moving my hand away from his mask. He tilts his head to the side while looking at me. A small smile appears on my lips and he smiles back. "Can you take your mask off?" I ask while touching his mask again. He hesitated but reaches up for his mask.

Word Count: 651