54

Chapter 54 Sweet

    While King Yi and Concubine Yi were keeping filial piety for the Supreme Emperor in the imperial mausoleum, Concubine Yi suddenly fell ill and passed away. This news caught the eyes of the government and the public, and all the ministers were surprised to feel that something was wrong in their hearts, plus Jingxihou's sudden retirement. As soon as everyone thought about it, this was probably another royal secret, and they didn't dare to inquire further.

    One year passed quickly. After the Emperor's filial piety period, King Yi returned to the court, and he became less impetuous and more restrained. Xuanyuan Hancheng felt a little gratified by his younger brother's growth, and felt that his younger brother had matured a lot after Wen Wenqian's incident, and he also hoped that his younger brother would have a caring person to accompany him in the future. Not long after Xuanyuan Hanqi returned to Beijing, he proposed to go to the border town, but Xuanyuan Hancheng's repeated dissuasion still failed to change his brother's mind. Fortunately, there is no war in the border town now, so it's good for my brother to go there to practice.

    "Two years, I will give you two years at most. You must come back after two years." Xuanyuan Hancheng said to Xuanyuan Hanqi, his younger brother is his indispensable right and left arm.

    After the filial piety period of the Supreme Emperor, Xuanyuan Han held the imperial examination again. Lin Jiawen participated in this imperial examination and won the first prize in this imperial examination. In the palace examination, Lin Jiawen used a Fu on farming, the full text is eloquent, the diction is powerful, and the rhyme is accurate, showing his amazing talent. Xuanyuan Hancheng passed on the roll call in the Golden Palace, and hand-picked Lin Jiawen as the number one scholar.

    The title of the gold list and the parade of the number one scholar have always been the dream of candidates in the imperial examination. Of course Lin Jiawen is no exception, he realized this dream with his hard work.

    So far, Lin Jiawen has become an upstart in Beijing, and Huang Guijun's natal family has really entered the eyes of the people in the court for the first time.

    On the day when the No. 1 scholar paraded through the streets, Lin Jiawen held the hand-picked imperial edict in his hand, straddled a horse with a golden saddle and a red mane, and hugged him in front of him. The common people lined up on both sides of the street to welcome them, and the second and third floors of the restaurants and teahouses facing the street were crowded with spectators.

    Xuanyuan Hancheng had already prepared and ordered Hongyan Tower to clear the venue. Lin Jiabao and Xuanyuan Hancheng watched today's lively scene from the private room on the third floor.

    "It's big brother! Big brother!" Lin Jiabao shouted excitedly when he saw his majestic appearance. But his voice was quickly overshadowed by the screams of the surrounding women.

    "Flowers... give me flowers quickly! No one hits my brother! I'll do it!" Lin Jiabao shouted anxiously.

    Yuan Qing immediately ran out cleverly, and came in with a basket of flowers after a while. "Master, here comes the flower."

    Lin Jiawen was the No. 1 scholar riding a tall horse at the front, followed by the No. 2 and Tan Hua. The second place is a young talent from the south of the Yangtze River. Although he comes from a poor family, he has an extraordinary bearing. Although he is over twenty years old, he has not yet married because of his poor family. Naturally, he was deeply loved by the female relatives, and flowers and jade pendants threw at him one after another.

    Tanhua is naturally the most handsome among the top three. He is a son of a family with an outstanding background. He is only nineteen this year. It can be said that he is a young talent, also not engaged, and he is also the most popular among the three of them.