Divided, But Still Together

Start from the beginning

I was about to hand Ruby the lamp, but hesitated. "Lily?" Ruby said. "Why don't I hold onto the lamp?" I suggested. 

"Say what?" Oscar said. "Think about it. Ozpin said that the lamp attracts Grimm, and the Grimm don't attack me. If I can lure the Grimm out of Mantle, it should give people enough time to evacuate." I explained. 

"Lily, that's too dangerous." Weiss said. "Not if I'm careful. I'll be fine. I promise..." I assured. "I can do this. You have to trust me... Please." I pleaded. 

There was a brief silence. "I trust you." Ruby said. "Ruby, are you sure about this?" Blake asked. "Yes," She answered. "Just be careful out there, Lily." 

I nodded and Ash gently tugged on my cape, giving me a worried look. "Ash, I think it's better if you stay with the Happy Huntresses." I said while crouching to his height. 

"No, I wanna stay with you." Ash insisted. "I know you do. But you'll be safer with them. They'll look after you until I get back to the Crater." I informed. 

Ash whimpered with worry. I gave him a soft smile and placed my hand on his head. "I promise, I won't be long. We'll be together again very soon." I assured him. Ash pouted but gave a reluctant nod.

We all split up into groups; Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Nora were going back to Atlas while me, Yang, Jaune, Ren, and Oscar will help with the evacuation.

After making our way to the pharmacy and taking out the robot knights that were already inside the shop, I opened a door, turned on the light, and Yang gasped in excitement as my eyes lit up in awe while saying, "Ooh."

"All right. The others are definitely missing out." Yang said. There were hoverbikes, and they looked pretty awesome.

Oscar rode with Yang, and I rode with Jaune. After arriving in one of the sections of Mantle, we started evacuating civilians. "The Crater? Are you sure it's safe out there?" A woman asked Yang.

"Absolutely, ma'am." Yang assured. "They're coming!" I warned as two Sabyrs came running in our direction. 

"Heads up!" Jaune threw a device forward and it projected a shield to prevent the Sabyrs from coming any closer.

While they were hindered, Ren and I quickly killed them. "Way better than a hover bike." Jaune smirked, referring to the device he threw earlier. 

"Have the Grimm already pushed this far in?" Oscar asked. "I don't think so. Those might be more from last night." I informed. 

"Which also means more to come," Yang said in realization, then called over to Ren. "Ren! If Jaune hits you with his Aura Amp, think you can mask everyone?"

"We can give it a shot, but it is a lengthy trip through Mantle." He called back. "No, no, that's a great idea! We'll have a Grimm free journey all the way to the crater!" Jaune agreed.

"Do we really got to shack up with those animals down in the slums? I'd feel a lot safer being up in Atlas." A needy old woman stated.

"Yeah, I'm sure you would. But the people up top have decided you're not worth the trouble," Yang frowned. "The Faunus, on the other hand, have been willing to lend all the help they can. Regardless of whether or not you deserve it."

"So, I'll just... I'll just go get our things, then." The woman from earlier said. "I can go up ahead and clear a path for you guys, and make sure you guys make it to the Crater with no problem." I volunteered. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Yang asked. "Don't worry. I'll contact you if I run into any trouble." I assured. I ran off ahead and lured Grimm away from Yang and the others, commanding them to leave the city.

"Hey, Lily. We've arrived at the Crater." Yang informed into my earpiece. "Okay. I'll scout ahead and take care of any stragglers." I informed.

"Ah! Ash, give that back!"

"I wanna say hi to Mommy!"

I giggled, hearing Ash's voice. "Don't worry, Ash. I'll be back before you know it." I said. "Yay!" Ash cheered. 

I continued my patrol and came across another Sabyr. "Another one, huh?" I mumbled, sheathing my weapon. I approached the Sabyr before holding my hand out to it. 

The Grimm sniffed my hand and gave it a small lick. "There was a time when I wished we could all get along. But I know that will never happen," I said while petting the Grimm's head. 

The Sabyr suddenly got in a pouncing position and started growling at me. "What's wrong?" I asked it. It continued to growl at me as I stood there in confusion. 

I didn't do anything to provoke it or give off any negative energy, so why was it acting like this? My eyes widened when I realized it wasn't growling at me. 

It was growling at something behind me.