Unexpected Encounter

I walked for what felt like hours, so I decided to take a break read through the book I got from the store. 

There was a lot of information about Grimm I didn't know about. Hopefully, the information here will come in handy. 

After my short break, I continued the path ahead. As I walked, an Ursa accompanied me, which I was glad for because I was starting to get a bit lonely. 

"Why do you wish to go to Haven? What awaits you there?" The Ursa asked me. "Answers, I think?" I replied. "Answers?" It repeated. 

"I want to go there and find a teacher. Someone who will help me with my ability to understand Grimm speech."

"Because of the Fall of Beacon?"

"So, you've heard, huh?"

"Yep. It's all I ever hear from the townspeople. How a young girl wearing a Grimm-like hoodie is responsible for what happened to the school."

"All because of that stupid video. I still don't know who filmed that video, and how the locals got a hold of it."

"And yet, you're being blamed for the disaster that's been caused."

I looked down as I kept walked. "There has to be a way to fix this. But why make Beacon fall? It doesn't make sense. What does Cinder gain out of it?" I mumbled.

"Cinder?" The Ursa repeated. "She's the woman who caused Beacon to fall," I explained. "But I can't understand why she did it. What was the reason?" 

I felt something wet drop on my nose, causing me to blink. Before long, a heavy rain began to pour. "Crap!"

I ran off the road and into the woods while shielding myself from the rain. I was able to find a nearby cave and decided to settle there until the rain stopped.

"Maybe I shouldn't have left home..." I mumbled while watching the rain fall. I sighed while hugging my knees to my chest. 

Once the rain stopped, I left the cave and resumed where I left off. I walked forward with the map in my face until I head growling from in front of me. 

"Let's see... Are you an Ursa? Or a Beowolf?" I asked. I lowered the map to find an Ursa in front of me. But it wasn't growling at me. It was growling at some boy.

He was a child, probably no older than 9 or 10

He was a child, probably no older than 9 or 10. Wait, what's a kid doing out here by themselves anyway? I decided I had to think about that later and do what I can to get the Grimm's attention off him.

"Hey!" The Ursa turned its head in my direction and snarled. "Leave him alone." I instructed. "And why would I do that?" It replied.

"Because the boy hasn't done anything to you. There's no need to attack him." I tried to reason. "So, you can understand me, huh? Then, you must be that girl the townspeople talk about. The Grimm Whisperer." The Ursa said.

"Grimm Whisperer?" I repeated.

"There have been rumors about a girl being able to communicate with Grimm. Seeing how you're wearing a hood that resembles Grimm, you must be her." It informed.

I frowned slightly. "Please, listen. There's no reason to attack the boy. What has he done to provoke you? He's just a child." I said.

"It's in our nature to attack. Whether it's a Huntsman or a civilian, we attack what's in front of us," The Ursa explained.

"But you... Something about you is different. I don't have an urge to attack you. Some kind of power emits from you. It's almost... calming,"

The Ursa approached me. When I held my hand out to it, it rested its chin in my palm. "Even your touch is warm." It added.

After a few seconds, it removed its chin and walked off while saying, "You should be careful, Grimm Whisperer. Not all Grimm will be able to calm themselves around you."

I watched until the Ursa disappeared behind some trees, then approached the little boy to see if he was okay.

"Are you alright?" I asked him, kneeling down to his height. He smiled and nodded his head. "You shouldn't be out here by yourself. It's dangerous."

"Mommy!" The boy cheered while hugging my waist. "M... Mommy?" I repeated, startled. "Mommy saved me from monster!" He said.

"Whoa, w-wait a second! I'm not your-"

My sentence was cut off when an unknown suddenly emerged from the trees, roaring ferociously.

"What the heck is that?! Why is it here?!" I said. The Grimm let out another screech and charged towards us.

I tackled the boy out of the way, sliding across the ground while holding him protectively. The Grimm breathed out a mist of purple and pink colors, surrounding the area.

As I stood to my feet, I suddenly felt dizzy and tired. "What... is this?"

I fell to one knee as the Grimm stomped its way over to us. My body wouldn't cooperate with me. I felt so tired, it was like I was going to fall asleep at any second.

The Grimm stood over me, making a small clicking sound as if it were laughing at me. Come on, Lily. Move! You can do this! I know you can! I tried encouraging myself.

"Get away!" I shouted. The area became shrouded with white light and I heard the Grimm screech with agony.

When the light faded and I was able to see again, I saw that the Grimm had turned into stone. I was frozen with awe. "What... happened?"

"Wow..." The boy said, just as amazed as I was. Whatever kind of mist that Grimm spewed finally did its magic, and I blacked out from the effects.