Making Amends

When we reached Saphron's house, I went to knock on the door, but I stopped myself halfway. "Mommy?" Ash said, noticing my pause. 

"I'm scared..." I admitted. "What if Jaune is still mad at me? What if he yells at me again?" 

Ash took my hand in his and I looked at him. "Don't worry, Mommy. Everything will be okay. I will be with you." He assured. 

I nodded, took a deep breath, and opened the door. Ash and I walked into the living room. We saw everyone there sitting, anxious and worried. 

"We've looked everywhere. What if she left Argus?" Nora asked. "On foot? I don't think so." Weiss replied. "I've already tried calling her scroll. She still won't answer." Yang said. 

"Oh, Lily..." Ruby said with worry. "Don't worry. We'll find her," Blake assured. "We won't leave Argus without her." 

"I... I'm right here..." I said hesitantly. Everyone turned to me and gasped. "Lily!" Ruby and Yang ran over to me and hugged me tightly. 

"Are you okay?!" Ruby asked. 

"We were so worried about you!" Yang informed, breaking the hug. 

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm sorry I worried you. I'm sorry for worrying all of you." I apologized. "It's my fault you were out there in the first place," Jaune said while taking a step forward.

"Lily, I am so sorry... for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said... What I said was unacceptable, and you have every right to be mad at me." 

I shook my head. "No, it's okay, Jaune. I know you were just upset. And I've been doing some thinking," I began. 

"I need to start owning up to my mistakes, and I need to stop acting like a kid. So... I want to do everything I can to help... I want to become strong just like all of you. Just like Mom."

"Good. This team isn't the same without you, Lily." Jaune replied as he smiled softly. I smiled back and we shared a hug. "Group hug!" Ash cheered, and joined us. 

"Well, you're just in time for dinner. Oscar made a casserole." Saphron said. "We'll go get you some." Terra-Cotta offered.

As the two of them left to the kitchen, I turned my head to see Uncle Qrow walking up the stairs. Ruby noticed as well and asked, "Where are you going now?" 

"I don't wanna get in the way of your celebration." He replied. "You've been gone all day. Just sit with us." She requested, and Qrow sighed.

"Look, Ruby. I'm glad you kids worked out... whatever all that was. But the fact is we're not a single step closer to Atlas." He stated.

"Actually, I think I have an idea." Jaune proposed. "But... it's sort of a "no going back" kind of idea."

"No... No going back?" Ash repeated. "Well, let's hear it." Ruby said. "With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have a clearance to leave for Solitas. So, we... steal an Atlas airship." Jaune explained.

"You mean... breaking the law?" I asked. "That's not just breaking the law. That's definitely worse." Weiss stated.

"How would we even get onto the airfield?" Yang asked. "That part... I haven't quite figured out yet," Jaune admitted. "But I was-"

"Okay, stop! Just stop!" Qrow interrupted. "Look, if this thing goes south, this is not something we can just fight our way out of! This is the Atlas Military we're talking about! For your sake, just drop this."

"We should at least hear him out, Uncle Qrow." I said. "I want to hear him out, too." Ruby said, and Qrow sighed. "Ruby-"

"I want to hear him out!" We repeated at the same time.

"I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it! But right now, I don't really care what you think!" Ruby said.

"Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do and we still managed to get this far, anyway! We've been in bad situations before, and we didn't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do! We just did it our way! And I say, we do it our way... And if you think you can keep up with us kids, we'd be happy to have you."

Maria chuckled. "Looks like you didn't get her enough credit either." She said to Qrow. That's when my stomach growled. Everyone looked at me and I blushed with embarassment. 

"Stop looking at me like that! I heard it too!" I protested. Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake chuckled at my response. "Let's get some food in you." Yang said.