Submissive and Dismissive.

You were both pulled back inside the attic; you scurried off of Moon and into the corner. You watched him struggle to pull his own arm from his jugular.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH THEM! YOU PROMISED!" Sunny's voice spilled out of their voicebox momentarily. You covered your mouth and watched them fight.

"I PROMISED not to KILL THEM! You didn't say anything about teaching them a lesson for being so naughty- what are you doing?"

They stopped struggling. One of their arms was bent behind their head, index finger hovering over a red button.

"Protecting (Y/N)." Sunny said cryptically.

"You better not,"

"Apologize then. Now."

"Apologize?! You've got to be kidding me-"

"APOLOGIZE! AND PROMISE TO NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!" Sunny's voice cracked as he yelled. It was silent before their attention turned to you in the corner. You pulled your legs closer to your chest.

"This is fucking ridiculous. I'm not apologizing." He huffed.

"Say goodbye then-"

"OKAY, OKAY! FINE, FUCK!" He crawled over to you, stopping once he saw your frightened expression. His face contorted into all the stages of grief simultaneously. Denial, anger, bargaining, sadness, then acceptance. He stared at the floor. He opened his mouth before backing down again.

"I can't do it! Why should I apologize when they're the fucking liar! MAKE THEM APOLOGIZE!" He pleaded like a child. You could hear the sadness and genuine belief you were in the wrong in his tone. Even though you were almost dropped out the window, a part of you felt bad. He was misunderstood...hurting.

"You have 3 seconds." Sunny demanded.

"FINE! I'm sorry." He said quickly.

"Are you serious right now?" Sunny asked.

"What? What now?!"

"That was so fake! Try again,"

"BRUH-" Moon groaned and looked into your eyes "I'm sorry. There, happy?"

"For?" Sunny prodded.

"For almost killing you. Twice." He pouted.

"And?"

"THERE'S MORE?! I DON'T KNOW-"

"Say you won't do it again," Sunny said through clenched teeth.

"And I- I-...I won't do it again. I promise." He placed his face in his hands, embarrassed from his sudden submission. The wind whistled through your open attic window, making you shiver. The tears were long gone now and all you were left with was a feeling of relief. Moon submitting and promising he wouldn't try to kill you anymore felt like a miracle. It was funny, though. After all this time you'd been trying to find a good way to approach him, but here he was. Apologizing. You smiled and failed to hold back your laughter. You laughed out of stress, exhaustion, and remission. The war was finally over. Moon peeked between his parted fingers, a pink hue of light appearing on his faceplate.

"N-nothing is funny," he said, slightly irritated. "Y-you almost died! You know that right??? I almost killed you- Oh for fuck's sake I give up."

-----------

Sunny and Moon both watching you laugh uncontrollably made their heart melt. Moon was scared of putting his walls down, especially when it came to you. He felt awful for scaring you... but didn't know how else to express his emotions. He now realized it was the wrong approach, but he knows he wouldn't have been able to live with himself if something had actually happened to you. This is what he didn't want you to know. He wanted to hide any and everything that could even remotely suggest their heart belonged to you still even after all of these years. Sunny had no problem letting you know they waited for you, but Moon didn't like disappointment. And also probably maybe might have abandonment issues-

Moon: I DO NOT HAVE ABANDONMENT ISSUES

...Idk what he's getting mad at me for, I'm just the narrator. Speaking of narrating, Moon is currently extremely frustrated. His plans have all been ruined. His scheme was to push you away and remove himself from your life completely...not to be sitting in front of you and falling deeper in love.

He decided...if he couldn't avoid you or keep himself from getting hurt, he was going to make sure nothing ever hurt you. Other than him, of course. Sunny liked this proposal much more than his previous. They mentally agreed and you stopped laughing, catching their attention.

"So, um...do you guys mind if I get some sleep, actually? I'd love to continue laughing and talking with you both, but I do have to go back to work tomorrow," You smiled sheepishly.

"O-oh! Ofcourse we don't mind, sunshine! Go right ahead! Sleep is very important, yes yes!" Sun nodded and Moon stayed quiet.

I'm sure he needs time to recover from showing me his vulnerable side.

You stood up and brushed yourself off. You walked towards them and wondered if hugging them would be too much. You didn't want to be overwhelming, so you sufficed with patting them on the head. Sun pressed his head against your palm and you laughed under your breath.

He's like a dog.

You carefully stepped towards the ladder and left them alone in the attic.

"Oh and Sunny?"

"Y-Yes, (Y/N)?"

"I was wondering if you had given me repairing you anymore thoughts? I had ordered the materials from some rando who makes animatronics and they should be here this weekend. Would you wanna...?"

"YES! YES, OH BOY THIS IS EXCITING! We would LOVE to! Thank you, (Y/N), thank you!" He popped his head through the attic's opening and you smiled.

"Great! It's a date!" You clapped your hands together "Goodnight Sunny, Goodnight Moon."

"Goodnight sunshine, sweet dreams!...Moon said goodnight..." He added bashfully. You waved and made your way back to your room. You smiled the whole way there.

"(Y/N) I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION YOU'VE PUT ME IN A PICKLE, MAN! AM I SUPPOSED TO CALL THE COPS FOR A COP?!?! THEN MY MOM WILL JUST SHOW UP AND SHE'S NOT THE LAST THING ANYBODY WANTS TO SEE-" (F/N)'s voice distraughtly yelled through your phone's speaker. You rolled your eyes and picked up your device.

"SORRY! No, no cops are needed! There was a giant rat and my um...new cat was chasing it and ugh it was awful. I hate rats." You lied.

"BITCH, UGH! I could've been getting my beauty sleep and you had me thinking you were dead over a RAT?! I'm about to call the exterminator FOR YOU!" (F/N) yelled.

"Goodnight (F/N), thank you again for your time. Sorry for worrying you." You smiled as if she could see you.

"Goodnight (Y/N)! Give us a call if you need anything else," Nini said.

"I will. Bye guys."

"Byeee!!"

1122 Words