A Baby?!

"Something the matter?" Moon tilted his head at your current state. You were sitting on the counter in your kitchen, thumbing your walkie-talkie quizzically.

"Do you think maybe the Chief recalled the story wrong and nobody actually called for help?" You lifted your head to meet his eyes. His face softened and Sunny popped out from behind him.

"Possibly. But you said you heard something while you were talking with Vanessa, no?" His voice was understanding and comforting. You flushed and looked away from him.

"Y-yeah, I did. But I could've been hearing things, too. Vanessa even said there were rats and stuff...so..." You kept thinking. Yes, Vanessa is now gone, but something keeps telling you there's something more going on here.

And what the hell was that noise when Vanessa was talking about her creepy wannabe dad?

"What are you thinking about, Sunbeam?" Sunny approached you and pulled you from your thoughts.

"It's just not making any sense." You hopped down and paced as you conspired.

"You sound tired...how about we get you to bed-"

"NO! I mean- no, sorry. I can't sleep when Vanessa's possible accomplice could be after me and when I have no fucking clue as to who called for help!" You talked with your hands and Sunny winced as you yelled.

"We understand, (Y/N). But why don't we think about this further after you're well rested?" Moon inquired. You looked between the two of them and shook your head.

"...we have to go back." You shrugged. You grabbed your keys and Sunny ran to bodyblock the front door. You stared at him with an irritated, half-lidded expression. "What are you doing?"

"I-I won't let you leave!" Sunny's voice cracked with uncertainty. You could tell he's not usually the type to tell someone what to do. You raised an eyebrow.

"Move." You demanded. He looked nervous and conflicted. "Sunny," You glared. You held eye contact with him, and he anxiously looked away every few seconds.

"That's it, you've left me no choice," You started, folding your arms over your abdomen.

"W-what?! What are you going to do?!" He shifted and readjusted his position guarding the door.

"5..."

"What??"

"4"

"S-stop that!"

"3"

"Enough!"

"2"

"NO! DON'T DO IT! PLEASE, NO!"

"1."

Sunny dramatically flailed and looked as if he was running away, but it was just a diversion from his real plan! He made his way behind you and scooped you up, cradling you like a violent baby.

"WHAT?! PUT.ME.DOWN! RIGHT NOW!" You thrashed and tried to break free, but it was no use. Your raw strength vs. metal and its mechanical joints was enough to make God laugh. You didn't stand a chance.

You tired yourself out just in time to see you were being placed on the corner of your bed. Sunny had shut the door on his way in, but you could still make a run for it if you really wanted to...no. They were right. Your bones ached and your eyes were suddenly very heavy. You needed rest, not anymore impulsive half-asleep decisions.

You tossed your keys on your nightstand and followed Sunny into the bathroom. You saw him bent over, turning the knob to adjust the bathwater's temperature.