S I X

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Changbin is sitting at a restaurant as he got a text message asking him to come here.

__________

Unknown number

Meet me at the location I send you.
On Sunday, at 8 pm
And no
I'm no one suspicious
Don't worry
I know that even if I wanted to hurt you I won't be able to
First of all i won't even want to hurt you
And wear something formal
Its not a date but it's up to you how u want to see it

Who is this

__________

He was a bit suspicious of the text messages but for some reason he felt a familiar feeling.

"Seo Changbin.", a woman comes up to Changbin, and not any woman, Kim Mari.

Changbin was too flabbergasted and astonished by her get up to even greet her. She had pretty formal clothing on. A white turtle neck with a cream colored coat on top with cream colored pants.

Changbin was often confused about where she gets this type of clothing but her beauty covered all those questions rising up in Changbin's mind.

"Hello?", Mari was a bit confused as Changbin kept staring at her, without even greeting her.

"Oh, sorry. Hi.", Changbin spoke agitatedly.

"It's fine. Though, are you sick? Oh, I shouldn't have texted you to come since you don't feel too good.", Mari was a bit disappointed in herself and she also felt really sorry as she only wanted to thank Changbin for saving her daughter. She wanted to show her gratitude and show Changbin that she appreciated his help but right now, she felt sorry for only troubling him when it wasn't really the case.

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry. I just...", was astonished by your look.

"We can go to a hospital right now?", Mari suggested but Changbin just shook his head, indicating that he doesn't want to.

"You look nice. I thought you couldn't get more handsome but here you are.", Mari chuckled at her own statement. She wasn't lying though. Changbin was the most handsome guy in his class and girls would drool over him. He would often get many love letters but he never accepted those proposals as a girl had already taken over his heart.

"Thank you.", Changbin chuckled shyly while looking down at his clothing. He was wearing an oversized sweatshirt with baggy pants. Even if it wasn't the most formal fit, it still looked really good on him.

"Have a seat.", Changbin said and Mari sat down on the chair opposite to Changbin.

"What did you want to talk about?", Changbin asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to answer some of your questions.", Mari stated with a huge smile.

"My questions?", Changbin slightly tilted his head in confusion.

"Yeah. I thought you had questions about me.", her smile didn't disappear.

"W-what kind of questions?", Changbin was a bit nervous.

"Well, you asked only one but it automatically made me think you had more. Do you have more?", she asked.

"When did I ask you a question?", he had forgotten since it had been a few weeks.

"When you saved Hyori, you asked if she's my daughter. You forgot? Well, I couldn't forget you because you did something I'd give you my life for.", she looked at her hands and smiled.

"Can you give me your life?", Changbin asked. Mari took the question as something else, as in if she'd give her life and die if he'd ask but that wasn't what the question meant.

"I would if you'd promise to keep Hyori and keep her happy. If you'd never let her realize that she doesn't have me.", Mari didn't hesitate to say it. She knew that Changbin could keep Hyori more happy as he has a legal job unlike her who's always worried about getting caught which would end up Hyori having a terrible childhood with all the court stuff. She thought it'd be better this way actually.

"I was only kidding.", Changbin faked a chuckle. No, he was not kidding, he just meant it in another way."What would you like to eat? My treat.", Changbin picked up the menu from the table.

"No. My treat.", Mari smiled.

"It's ok. I'll treat you to it.", Changbin gave a sincere smile which made Mari stop insisting.

After ordering, they sat there for a good five minutes. It was a bit awkward between them as they never 'met'. They weren't friends who could goof around even if they had nothing to talk about. Plus, Changbin also couldn't ask her about how sad she is to work the way she does as she has no idea that he knows.

"So...", Mari started a conversation."...what questions did you have?"

"I know it was improper to ask you if she's your daughter or not. It's totally obvious that she's your daughter. I feel sorry for asking that que-", she cut him off.

"No, it's fine. I don't mind you asking that.", she took one of the napkins from the table and started to fiddle with it."I don't know how to tell you this since you're a police officer, can I trust you?...", she asked reluctantly.

"I won't say that you can trust me completely, since I am a stranger but I'll try hard to earn your trust so you can tell me more in the future. I can guarantee myself that I'm not like that, next is up to you if you want to trust me."

Changbin was calm which made Mari believe that he's a nice guy. She felt safe around him since he didn't really did something improper and inappropriate to make her uncomfortable. She wanted to tell him everything she can and even everything she can't.

"How can I not trust you? You're Seo Changbin, the man who saved my daughter.", they both chuckled.

"Do you want me to answer your question?", Mari asked.

"I do but, do you want to answer?", Changbin asked back which made Mari think that it's fine to tell him. At the end of the day, if he betrays her, she can always kill him. That's what she does. It's easy for him.

"She.... Isn't my daughter..."

__________

A/N: Hello everyone. Just wanted to say that I won't be posting any chapter on the weekends. Since you know I also need a break sometimes. I kind of procrastinate a lot but like yeah ㅡㅗㅡ

Anyways happy twerking. These days I just want to twerk a lot. Idky 💀

Anyways have a good day or night or life 🤭