6. new city, new school

Start from the beginning

"Ah, look who's finally woken up," Jordan joked, turning to spot the teenager, who walked into the kitchen as she finished placing Blu's bowl down on the floor for him to eat his breakfast.

"Yes, good job I haven't poured the milk on your breakfast or it would have gone soggy," Leah teased, gesturing to the coco pops she knew that her sister loved. "You know that the hoodie isn't part of the uniform kid, so you should probably remove it before you get to school." she told her.

"It's comfy," The teenager mumbled, moving past Jordan as she gave her a quick hug. "Morning Jordy." she greeted the older women.

"It might be comfy but it's not classed as the uniform," Leah told her firmly, shaking her head. "Hoodie comes off before we leave the house." she added, not letting the teenager have much option to argue about it.

"Did you sleep well, kid?" Jordan questioned, walking over to the cupboard and placing Blu's food back in there.

"Yeah, okay. Still a bit nervous for today though," Olivia admitted as she voiced her concerns. "Just worried and stuff." she mumbled.

"I'm sure you'll love it when you get used to things," Jordan reassured the teenage girl with a warm smile, squeezing her shoulders as she walked past her. "School can be fun, sometimes." she said.

"Not really, the schools' I have been at and all the teachers don't like me, always tell me I'm just causing trouble," The teenager remarked, rolling her eyes slightly. "This school will probably just be the same as well." she told them.

"You don't know unless you try," Leah piped in, handing her sister her breakfast.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders in disagreement as she started to eat her breakfast, "True but if the teachers don't like me then I can't help that." she stated.

"You've just gotta to give it your best shot kid," Jordan encouraged the blonde teenager. "And if not, them I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money." she joked.

"Jord," Leah gave her girlfriend a look and shook her head before she looked at her sister. "Look, Liv, I know you don't exactly like school but please just try and give this one a shot. You never know, this one might be different?" she offered.

"Maybe, we'll soon find out," Olivia said, scooping up a spoonfull of coco pops and shoving them in her mouth. "No promises on not getting detention though." she added, smirking at the older blonde.

"You'd better not," Leah stated firmly, pointing her finger in her sisters direction.

Olivia held her hands up in mock-surrender and smirked at her older sister, knowing it was just winding her up even more, "Like I said, no promises." she said with a mouthful of coco pops.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Leah grimaced at her younger sister's actions. "I mean it, Liv, I'm being very serious now. I don't want to get any phone calls from your school today. It was difficult enough to try and get you into this school with your permanent record of exclusion, so you've really got to be on your best behaviour at this school." she told her.

"Aw, really? I thought I'd try and go for a new record," Olivia couldn't help but grin cockily.

"Olivia, I'm being serious. No getting into any trouble!" Leah told her firmly.

The teenager rolled her eyes and held her hands up in mock-surrender, "Alright, alright, relax, I'm just messing with you, Le," she told her older sister. "I'll try my hardest to keep my nose clean." she said.

" she said