Chapter 8

Chapter 8

On my way to my cabin I decided to make a quick stop.

I walked passed the campfire and the dining pavilion to cut across to the Athena cabin. I decided that it would be best that i tell Annabeth what was going down.

I suspected that she thinks we are either gonna sneak out or for her to be at least invited on the quest. And because of that, I think it would be best that i put a stop to it before she makes any rash decisions.

I walked up towards cabin 6 and checked out the exterior as my mind wandered. It was a medium-sized gray building with plain white curtains. There were owls that decorated the house as well as a giant design of an owl that hung over the door.

After admiring the workmanship of the house i nervously knocked on the door.

After waiting a few seconds one of Annabeth's siblings opened the door.

“Oh, uh hello Malcome, is Annabeth here?”

He nodded and turned around and yelled, “Annabeth someone is here to see you!”

“One Second!” She shouted back.

After she yelled that we heard papers rustling books being stacked and things being moved around. After a minute she walked towards the door and walked past Malcome to see who was waiting for her.

“Oh, Percy. What are you doing here?”

“Uh Annabeth there's something I need to tell you,” I said nervously.

“What is it?” she demanded with an eyebrow raised.

Malcolm looked at us for a moment before shacking his head and walking off.

I watched him walk off before answering Annabeth’s question.

“Well, you know how Clarrise got assigned a quest by Tantalus,” I said while fidgeting with my hands.

“Yeah…” she said waiting for me to continue.

“Well uh… Clarrise was originally planning on going by herself so I-”

“-want us to sneak out and help her with her quest.” Annabeth interrupted me not letting me finish.

“No.” I denied. “I was actually gonna say that-”

“I know, you want to save Grover. That’s why you actually want to go,” she said agreeing with herself.

“Actually I wa-”

“And you wanted to invite me because you dont think you can do it all alone. Well, I’ll be happy to let you know-”

“Annabe-”

“That I am more than happy to help you with the quest and-”

“Annabeth!” I said trying to interrupt her, but i got interrupted once again.

“I have an idea on where-”

“ANNABETH!!” I shouted after my many attempts at stopping her failed. “Clarrise invited me on the quest!”

“What..?” She asked in confusion and slight hurt. “But you said that she didn’t invite anyone.” she said with a slight warning tone that threatened me to explain.

“Well, that’s what I was trying to tell you before you interrupted me. I got Clarrise to invite me because I didn’t want her to go all alone.”

“But…” she said with a frown on her face. I can still go. There are supposed to be 3 people for a traditional quest. If you two are going I can be the third!”