[65] the proposal.

"just a small get together he said. 'i'll just invite close friends!' he said. what a fucking liar." you muttered.

it was currently 6:30 pm, the entire team showed up, everyone from his family were there, everyone from your family were there. even the team's family were there as well. so. many. people.

half the men that attended were already drunk. someone already made three runs to the store to buy more drinks. surprisingly, diego stayed sober. he hadn't had one drink.

the kids were going wild with the mechanical bull and the trampolines. junior was still a baby so he stayed inside half the time, and you were there with him.

some of the wives of the team came inside to join you. you guys talked about life, kids and of course, marriage.

"so y/n, you look amazing today. what's the special occasion for today?" one of them asked.

"nothing really. diego and anna," you pointed outside to anna who was currently on the bull, "they both insisted i looked good today."

the ladies there all gave each other looks. it was so easy to point out when it wasn't you. how oblivious could you be?

"y/n, sweetie, diego wants everyone outside. hand me junior and you go with diego." your mother gently said to you.

complying, you handed junior over to your mother and walked outside. the drunks seemed to calm down for a moment.

when you found yourself facing the crowd with diego, it finally hit you. getting your nails, make up and hair done. ALL of your family members and diego's. the team that means a lot to you and him. the closest friends who've you've known you're entire life.

you turn and whisper to diego, "um diego, are you going to-" before you could complete your sentence, he did exactly what you expected.

he looks at you in the eye, and he slowly gets down on one knee. his hand reaches to his pocket and pulls out a box. his hand was noticeably shaky, diego was nervous.

"y/n i wanted to do this in front of everyone we've cared about. you mean so much to me, and i can't put into words how you've changed my life for the better. the first time we met, i was a dick i cant lie."

the crowd chuckles a little. the team recalls how much shit he'd talk about you. now, he was proposing to you.

"it didn't take long for me to fall for you, hard. you're now the mother of my child, the love of my life and my new passion. i would be honored if you'd spend the rest of your life with me. so y/n l/n
will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?"

there was a lot of thoughts running in your mind. one of them was an impulsive thought, what if i said no as a joke? no y/n! everyone's staring at you. god i feel like throwing up. say yes!

while you somehow manage to overthink on saying yes, diego mind was rapid firing worst case scenarios. what if she hates me? she's going to say no isn't she? y/n please say something before i start crying..

"i um," your voice immediately cracked when you spoke. what a crybaby just say yes! why are you crying y/n? "yes diego.." you whispered.

"they can't hear you babe.." he whispered with a wide smile on his face.

"yes! a million times yes diego!!"

everyone around you starts clapping and cheering. guys throw their cups in the air, kids start screaming like crazy.

diego hugs you tightly, pulls away and kisses you. he wraps his arms tightly around your waist.

"i love you so much y/n, i love you so so so much." he kisses you all over your face. you peered over and see your mother walking towards you with junior.

"diegito was dying to be with his mommy, right diego?" diego's suegra cooed at junior.

"can i hold him?"

"he's your son diego! of course you can hold your own son!" it was funny how diego still asks permission to hold his own son.

"now hold him and pose for the photos. come on now, i need to update my facebook."

a few months later..

BREAKING NEWS:
DIEGO LAINEZ, MEXICO'S MESSI, HAS REPORTEDLY GOTTEN ENGAGED WITH Y/N L/N.

Not only has Diego Lainez gotten engaged with his what we all thought was his ex girlfriend but they have a kid! The rumors of Y/n L/n giving birth to Diego's baby were never confirmed and he (Diego Lainez) himself denied those allegations. Down below shows the couple happily posing for the cameras after Lainez proposed to Y/n.

"it was bound to get out some day.." you whispered as you read the article. "diegoooo, the media knows about us now."

he walks into the room, fresh out the shower. he was wearing his signature towel around his waist and nothing else. you watched him dry his hair with another towel.

"oh really? they're gonna lose their minds when they find out about baby number two is on the way." you both laugh and he walks over to rub your stomach.