chapter 52

First I'd like to point out 1 million views so thank you for sticking with this book.

This chapter may end up being really short and you are probably gonna hate me......

"So where are you going" Skye asked as Marco drove.

"You want to know more about the Mafia, you can meet one of my friends" he shrugged.

"You were already going out though before I asked"

"Yes to meet my friend, you're just coming along. Now ask what you kids want to know" he anwsered knowing she was asking on behalf of Alex and James too. He was actually quite surprised Alex wasn't guarding her.

"Just more about the Mafia, what you do, that sort of stuff"

"Despite its reputation the Mafia does not target the innocent. You don't need to worry that we are like them" he replied.

"You avoided the question" she pointed out.

"Ask more basic ones" he said not wanting to give to much away.

"Surely the Mafia has prisoners, what do you do with them,"

That wasn't a question that Marco wanted to anwser.

They rarely had prisoners because they killed them.

"We question them for information" he tried to be nice about it and switched the words around.

"Have you killed someone before" she whispered dreading the anwser.

"Yes."

Skye didn't know how to proceed. But she knew what sort of people were out there and living in such environment, often had her wishing someone would put a bullet through them. Maybe it was because they threatened to put a bullet through James and Alex that she had those thoughts.

She knew how protective Alex and James could get and she hated it because she was the reason they ended up hurt. They weren't the only protective ones though. Back before they broke her, she would fight back and try to help her brothers. Sadly they succeeded in breaking her and she rarely fought back.

"I suppose you're going to report back to Alexander and tell him how I'm a visious monster who kills for fun" Marco said, not getting a response from her made him snarky.

"Why are you bringing Alex into this" she asked.

"That's why you're here, because Alexander has questions. Hes to weak to ask me them himself"

"Alex is not weak. How could you say that. You know what they were like. How could you"  Skye defended.

"And yet he's still not willing to ask questions even after everything " Marco snapped.

"You have no right to even say that. Alex is not weak. He hurt you too, you know what it's like, you experienced it too" Skye snapped but as soon as the words left her mouth she regretted it.

The triplets were used to violence, pain and suffering, it was normal to them. But for Marco, she knew he had not accepted the past.

And she was right. He slammed on the breaks stopping at the side of the road.

"Get out" he ordered as he got out of the car too.

Skye was almost certain he was going to beat her up on the side of the road. But she didn't dare go against him.

"I understand it was bad for you Skye, that it was bad for Alex and James. But you have no right to bring up how he hurt me. You may not have actually said it but I know what you meant. I have never brought up what was done to you. If Alex has anymore questions you can tell him to come ask me himself"

Skye nodded, Marco was angry, it scared her. This was the same Marco who she has seen in the beggining, who hit Alex, who bullied her.

She was terrified of how close he was to her as he continued to rant.

His shouting seemed to come to a end though mid sentance as he reached for his waistband where he usually kept his gun however he had left it in his car.

"What is it" she asked noticing him looking around frantically.

"We have to leave. Now." He stated. He grabbed her hand and positioned himself in front of her whilst trying to get her back in the car. Only it didn't happen.

The two suddenly were overcome with darkness. It was like the whole world had stopped as they fell to the floor.

They were unconscious.

Sorry for the cliffhanger.

I'm not sorry .....

.