chapter 13

"who wants to go first" Lorenzo said looking at his siblings.

The three of them were sat anxiously on the sofa in the living room.

Lorenzo was sat on an armchair.

"I will" Alex said seeing that his siblings weren't going to anwser.

Lorenzo nodded and opened the email with the title of it being Alex's results.

He scanned through the email. Looking at it carefully.

"What did I get" Alex whispered.

"78"  Lorenzo finally replied.

"I got in" Alex smiled. He was proud of himself but he knew he didn't really understand anything on the test, he was just good at memorising information.

He had learnt to memorize things quickly at a young age, he did it so he could protect his siblings.

"You did, well done. I'm proud of you" Lorenzo replied. He knew all three of them would benefit from the encouragement.

"Can I go next" James whispered.

Lorenzo nodded and opened James results. He didn't read as much information as it was the same as Alex's.

"You got 76"

"Really? You didn't miss read it" James said, he was pleased with himself. He enjoyed reading all about different subjects and couldn't wait to learn more.

"I read it correctly. You did well, and I am proud of you as well " he told James.

Lorenzo looked at Skye who seemed even more nervous. "I don't think this is a good idea, I've obviously failed" she said quietly.

"How about we look at it together" Lorenzo offered in a gentle tone. Both Alex and James noticed how careful he was around her. They also unwillingly approved of his approach.

"No I can't, you can just do it" she whispered.

"Okay if that's what you want" he said.

He seriously hoped she had gotten in. He had been helping all week and he knew how much effort she had put in. Even though he hadn't been in the library a few times, he had purposely gone in an hour after the usual time she had been going in to see if she needed help.

He found when he was in the library the first couple times, she would come in around 8ish.  He would do his own thing then help her after an hour. So that meant when he wasn't already in the library he would put his work away for the evening and go and see if she needed help.

He opened the email. It was longer than the other two so at first glance he worried she had failed.

He quickly got to reading.

His face gave nothing away.

"What is it. How bad did I do?"  She asked fearing the worst.

Lorenzo saw how nervous she was and quickly finished reading. A small smile on his face.

"Sorry your email was slightly different from Alexander's and James' email. They had the basic school information and then the grade. You did very well Skye, 81, your email was just saying if you wish you can think about taking higher level classes, as you got over 80"

"I got 81" she said with a big smile.

"Yes Skye, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of all three of you. You all showed how hard working you are this week and doing so well is a big achievement. Well done"

Skye smiled she had been worrying and panicking only to find out she had done really well. She couldn't help but get up and hug Lorenzo.

He was a little taken back by the hug, she hadn't initiated a hug with him before so it was different.
"Thank you so much for helping me" she said knowing she wouldn't have got such a good mark of it wasnt for Lorenzo.
"You're welcome Skye but you were the one to put in the work" he replied.