Chapter 12: Adress

My heart jumped in my throat. I felt like I was about to throw up. I was forcefully pulling each breath from up my lungs until Malcom's hand rested in my shoulder.

"We have to go to the school's board."

"What?"

"The school board. It's closer than the police station."

"O-oh.."Malcom started dragging me the opposite way we were originally going. He slowed and waited for me to catch up.

"Malcom? How many people saw that?"

"I...I don't know."

"How long has it been up for, I mean, this is illegal, right? What—why would someone do this? Who's account is it? Does it say?"

"I don't know, Juli. Let's just go to the Dean's office. I'm sure it's happened before. Some stupid prank or something." He reasoned.

"But who would do that?" I cringed at the thought of someone wanting to harm me and my family and I had no idea. It made me walk differently, unsurely. Like I didn't know if I should be running for my life or choosing my nest step very carefully.

He dragged me across the street and checked his phone. "It's anonymous. The story's the only thing it has."

I checked my own screen. There's no bio, no posts, no followers. There's only a black profile and the story. It seemed like it was created out of thin air. That made it more sinister. Because this was so clearly born of malicious intent. They didn't reconsider when making that page. They followed through. There was absolutely no way of knowing who's it was unless someone traced it.

I paused and gripped his sleeve when I thought of something.

"Malcom, I have my parents there."

His face paled as he realized. I couldn't imagine what mine looked like.

I fumbled with my phone and dialed my mom's number as fast as I could. It went straight to voice mail. I tried her again, but no prevail.

"Malcom..." I uselessly called again, hot tears collecting in my eyes.

"It's okay, just," he paused and anxiously ran a hand through his hair. "Keep trying. Wait here, I'll see if I can get someone."

I was getting nervous now. My mom doesn't always answer they phone but it's never scared me as much as this. I went to my dad's contacts, but then a call popped up.

I could barely read straight. I rapidly blinked my tears away, before registering that it was my sister's number.

"Camila? Where are you?"

"I'm fine." She said, a little hoarsely, like she was in a quiet place. "Why haven't you been answering? I tried you multiple times."

I hope I didn't take too long to answer but I was too distracted on the foreign contact in my screen.

"I didn't recognize your number. Why aren't you calling me from your phone?"

"This is just my friend's phone. I thought you weren't picking up because of last night. I thought you were still angry."

"No, but..." I decided to not push her, even though I was screaming for answers. I tapped on the number to save it. "Camila, have you called mom and dad? I can't reach them."

"Yeah, I just talked to them. Now, why is our home address online?"

"I just saw it. Me and my friend were going to the Dean's to see if they could do something about it."