12

"Are you nervous?" Hermione asked as she and Ron finished up helping Harry get ready. "Not really, things are so natural with us. I think I'm going to be too impulsive tonight." Harry replied letting out a big breath. Ron smiled at his mate, "do it be as impulsive as possible. I'm just glad you're giving it a chance. Finally. Go get your man."

Harry couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips. "Did you travel to the states Ron? Go get your man sounds disgustingly  American." The red head scrunched his nose up in disgust, "you wound me Potter, truly."

"Someone has been hanging around the slytherins too much. Bugger off with the potter nonsense Ronald Bilius." Harry snapped, sighing, "alright it's time for me to go. I love you both so much." He reached over to hug Hermione and Ron quickly, heading towards the door.

He met Draco in the common room, smiling as he made eye contact with the blonde. "Hello." Harry spoke sheepishly, looking up at Draco. "Hey darling." Draco smiled and Harry just about melted under his gaze, Harry grabbed the boy's hand and walked him to the door.

They held hands the whole way to the room of requirements. As they entered Draco let out a quiet gasp. Harry smiled in response, pulling Draco to the table in the middle of the room. "I'm not ready to be seen out in public on a date just yet, so I thought up the next best thing. We didn't even need a reservation."

Draco chuckled at Harry's comment, smiling fondly at the raven haired boy. "This is all beautiful Harry, you look beautiful as well. Thank you." Harry blushed, clearing his throat, "of course. I'm sorry I make things complicated."

Draco couldn't help but frown, Harry was always making vague comments basically berating himself. Draco walked over to Harry, grabbing his face gently. "Listen to me carefully, you don't complicate things. You don't have to apologize for existing. You're amazing Harry, and I will spend everyday for however long you let me in your life letting you know that."

Harry had another moment to blush, sputtering over his words. He wasn't used to people picking up on his insecurities, he looked up at Draco kissing him softly. "You really see me, you almost see through me.. I don't understand how you get me so well Draco."

Draco smiled, brushing his nose against Harry's. "Remember what they used to say about us? Two sides of the same coin. I get you because I am you,  my love. Maybe not in the same sense but our stories are so similar. Now, let's eat."

~

Dinner went smoothly, and the boys were now walking around outside of Hogwarts laughing more than they had their whole lives. "Wait so you're telling me you watched everywhere I was going on a map? Seriously." Harry chuckled again, bumping his shoulder again.

"That's how I knew you were up to something in sixth year, I started to realize you'd disappear off the map." Draco tilted his head, "the room of requirements?" Harry nodded, "yeah, it's not on the map."

"Interesting, and your dad and his friends made it?" Harry nodded again, looking up at the stars. "Yeah, they were pretty smart." He sighed, smiling softly up at the sky. "I bet you make them so proud." Harry looked at Draco smiling, "that's all I hope for."

The boys froze under each other's gazes. Pulling each other close, Harry kissing Draco softly. "You know, when we first started talking this year I never thought we'd be anything more than civil with each other. Somehow you climbed the ladder quickly. Now I can't imagine not talking to you. It was a rocky journey but I'm glad you're in my life."

Draco smiled, grabbing Harry's hand. "I'm glad you let me in your life, I feel the same way my love." Harry blushed, and shivered a bit. "It's getting pretty chilly, do you want to head back in?" Draco nodded and walked them inside, and back to the common rooms.

They spent the rest of the night drawing and listening to music. Goofing off like regular teens were supposed to. Harry could help but to keep glancing at Draco smiling.

He truly felt like he'd found someone he could love, who would give him the type of love he needed. They weren't there yet though, and he had to keep reminding himself of that when their hands would brush against each other or Draco's eyes would crinkle as he laughed.

At the end of the night the boys were both smiling widely.. and If they fell asleep tangled around each other in Harrys' dorm, who needed to know?

~

"So how did it go?" Pansy said, smiling at Harry. Her and Hermione were up early ready to get all of the details on the boy's date. Harry chuckled, looking between the two eager girls. "Maybe Ginny and Ron were right, I have become one of the girls."

Pansy snorted, shaking her head, "you've always been one of the girls Potter." Harry shrugged, "perhaps, but to answer your question the date was brilliant. We had a nice dinner that I set up in the room of requirements and then we walked around outside for a while. It was very charming. I think I did good."

Hermione hugged her best friend, "oh Harry that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you. So did you make anything official?" Harry laughed, "we're not rushing to move that quickly. It was one date, honestly I can't believe we've gone this quickly."

Pansy groaned, "you guys are killing me honestly Potter."

"Oh someone is dying besides me? That would be the plot twist of the century." Harry bit in a teasing tone, causing Pansy to bust out in a goofy belly laugh. "I love hanging out with you gryffindorks, you guys are spot on with your dry dark humor."

"Thanks mate, it's the trauma." Harry winked, avoiding Mione trying to smack him. He smiled as Draco walked in with Ron and Blaise. Draco was frowning and Harry tilted his head in confusion, "what's wrong Draco?" He asked softly.

"My love beat his arse in wizards chess." Blaise said, looking over at Ron proudly. Ron jumped into Harry's lap, causing Harry to groan in pain. "Get off of me Ronald." Ron pouted, hugging Harry's neck, "you're supposed to be proud of me mate- bloody hell Harry when did you get so strong."

"Oh I'm sorry did you want me to stay as scrawny as I was at eleven forever ? Also Ronald I'm very proud of you but get off of my lap this instant." Harry sighed, and then immediately groaned once more when Draco jumped on his other leg. "Yeah Weasley this is my spot. Use your Zabini chair."

Harry shook his head watching two of his best friends fight over his lap, he smiled fondly at the group he'd gained this year.

~

A/N this was so messy and took me like 6 days to write and it's only 1167 words but here you go lovely's.

Hope you enjoyed loves.

Much love,

-H🫶🏼