10

Harry got up sighing as he heard a knock on his door. It was nearly midnight and he hadn't been sleeping much the last week. He was a bit shocked to see Draco. The boys pale face was red and blotchy and his eyes were swollen from crying.

"Draco?" Harry asked softly, immediately pulling the boy inside and closing the door. "I'm sorry I just, I had a bad nightmare and I usually would never do this but it felt so real and I woke up like this." He rolled his sleeve up and looked away.

Harry grabbed his arm looking at the scratch marks and blood. "Oh Dray, sit down on the bed I'll get it cleaned up okay." Draco nodded, he had no energy to fight with Harry on it. Harry quickly got his arm cleaned up and pressed a kiss to it.

He looked up at Draco who was blushing and crying again. "This doesn't define you okay? You're amazing just the way you are, this isn't something you wanted."

Draco nodded sadly. Harry wrapped up his arm with a wrap and pulled him into his chest. He kissed his head softly and pulled back just enough to look at him. "Talk to me, do you need cuddles or do you want to go back to your dorm?"

"I don't want to cross your boundaries, you don't like me I respect that. I just don't feel comfortable enough with anyone else to talk about this stuff." Harry chuckled softly, pulling Draco back into his chest.

"You're right, I don't like you. I really really like you. This has probably been the most aggravating week of my life. Ron tried to pull a huge stunt to get us to talk saying that he saw you laying on the ground passed out and I needed to go find you instantly, just as he finished you walked by. I've watched you more in the last seven days than the last seven years.

I've been upset and pining, and I've been less emotionally stable without you around to mess with. I don't want to push things, and I don't want a relationship right now but I do like you Draco. I just think we should stay friends. Forget boundaries and lay with me tonight alright?"

Draco nodded again, he wanted to respond and tell Harry just how much he loved him but he felt it was for another time. He was tired and didn't want to argue with Harry or pour his heart out anymore than he already had.

"Alright, let's sleep then." Draco said quietly, Harry smiled and kissed his forehead and pulled him onto his bed. "We will talk more in the morning, I know you have stuff on your mind."

"I have a lot on my mind and somehow like always, it's all about you." Draco said, curling up into Harry's chest. Harry chuckled and looked down at Draco, kissing his nose. "Same here love, same here. Now you get over here." Draco laughed as Harry pulled him tightly against his chest.

"Goodnight Dray."

"Night darling, thank you."

~

The next morning Harry woke up feeling refreshed. He never realized how much he needed Draco in his life. It didn't matter how.

To Harry, Draco was the sun on a rainy day. Some days you needed the sunshine to shine through to keep you going, and other days you just want to sit in the rain a bit.

Even when they were fighting, and the sun would stay away Harry felt a weird sort of normalcy with Draco.

He looked down at the stirring blonde with a smile, in the most non-sexual way possible Harry had missed Draco in his bed. He slept so much better near him.

"Mm mornin." Draco mumbled sleepily. Harry's heart almost melted, "did you sleep alright?" Draco nodded rubbing his eyes. "Is it breakfast time yet?" Harry chuckled, nodding. "Let's get dressed."

The boys quickly got dressed and went to head out of the dorm together. When they opened the door Pansy, Hermione, Ron, Blaise, Neville, Luna, and Ginny were all outside of the door with raised eyebrows.

"So he IS in here, you owe me five galleons weasel." Pansy said throwing her hands up in victory. Hermione chuckled at her girlfriends childish antics and smirked up at Harry. "Have a nice sleep Har?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "Merlin you people act like it's such a surprise I got a beautiful guy in my bed. I mean I'm surprised too but close your mouths." Then in his proudest James Potter fashion he strutted away leaving even Draco standing shocked.

Pansy squealed, "I don't even care what happened last night or in the last seven years, THAT was the best Drarry moment I've witnessed to date. I need ALL the details!"

Draco chuckled, shaking his head. "Well for now I'm going to go catch up to him. See you lot at breakfast."

Draco ran up to catch Harry, "what was that?!" Draco exclaimed chuckling. Harry shrugged, "I'm just feeling extra energetic and sassy today."

Draco shook his head, "oh Merlin, alert the masses. Everyone stay inside! Potter is feeling sassy today." Harry playfully shoved Draco, "shut it you prat."

Draco sighed, "this is nice. I've been wanting to walk these halls like this since I was eleven. No fighting besides playfully, just two friends."

Harry smiled, "I think we came back into each others life at the perfect time." Draco smiled back, wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders. "I agree scarhead."

~

A/N phew, an update! Go me lol. I would've gotten it out sooner but my dumb self left my wallet in a random McDonald's and had to stop halfway through our trip and drive two hours back so it was a very stressful morning and I set us back a good 3 almost 4 hours. Anywho,

Hope you enjoyed loves.

Much love,

-H🫶🏼