Chapter 16

"Wake up," Sanemi said, shaking Giyuu.

"Why?"

"You got to pick up the kids from school."

"They're your siblings, and as the oldest, it is your job to look after the younger ones."

"Fuck off," Sanemi replied.

Giyuu got up, went downstairs, and walked out the door and to the car. Sanemi followed him, and Sanemi got into the driver's seat, and Giyuu was in the passenger seat. Sanemi drove to the school, and each of the kids got into the car. Giyuu got out of the car while Sanemi buckled Shuya into his car seat.

Giyuu went into the preschool, picked up Koto, and signed him out. He walked him back to the car, put him in his car seat, and buckled him in. Giyuu got back into the car, and Sanemi started driving back to the house.

When they got back, Genya and Sumi were already there. Giyuu went upstairs to shower and get ready for class. When he was done, he was about to leave for class when he stopped in Sanemi's office, where he was working.

"Pay attention," said Giyuu before he walked back to the front and left for university.

~

When Giyuu got back from his classes, Sanemi was waiting for him to return to his room.

"Put on something nice; we're going out. Genya is going to watch the kids," said Sanemi.

Giyuu was confused, but he wet it in his room and put on a pair of black dress pants and a solid red dress shirt tucked into his pants with a belt. He took his hair out of its messy ponytail and wet his hairbrush before brushing it out and pulling it back into a ponytail.

He put his phone in his back pocket and went downstairs, where Sanemi was waiting. When Giyuu was going around the corner, he saw Sumi hand him a bouquet of flowers, then scurry away. Giyuu approached Sanemi.

"These are for you," Sanemi said, holding out the flowers and looking away.

Giyuu took them and placed them down on the table, and Sanemi walked out the door to the car, and Giyuu followed.

When they were in the car, it was pure silence until Giyuu spoke up.

"Where are we going?"

"On a date," Sanemi replied.

"Why?"

"Because, in your words, 'it's not like we're dating', but now we are."

"I didn't say yes to going on a date with you."

"Shut the hell up."

The rest of the car ride was silent. The car stopped at a fancy restaurant, and the two got out of the car. Sanemi handed the keys to the vallet, and then he and Giyuu entered the restaurant.

"Reservation for Shinazugawa," Sanemi said.

"Right this way," the hostess said.

She led them to the table, and they took a seat.

"So, why are you taking me on a date?" Giyuu asked.

"Because I am, so shut the fuck up about it," Sanemi replied.

"Does that mean that I am your boyfriend?"

"Yes"

"Okay," Giyuu said.

The two sat there in silence. Then Sanemi spoke up.

"What are you majoring in?"

"English," Giyuu replied.

"What happened to your parents?"

"Died in a car accident."

"Why do you care for my siblings?"

"Because I feel a sense of responsibility for them, why are you investigating me?" Giyuu asked.

"Because I am getting to know you, you asshole," Sanemi retorted.

"Alright, but you could be a little less serious about it," Giyuu requested.

They continued asking each other questions back and forth. Sanemi learned many things about Giyuu that he had not known. Their food came, and they talked and ate.

When they finished their food, Sanemi paid the bill, and the two left. The car ride home was silent. They were getting along; Sanemi was not yelling at Giyuu, and Giyuu did not make any smartass comments to retort.

When Giyuu got out of the car, Sanemi grabbed his hand and dragged him inside and upstairs to his room. He picked Giyuu up, put him on the bed, and hovered over him. Sanemi leaned down and kissed Giyuu. He was caught off guard by this, but soon melted into the kiss. Sanemi began to unbutton his shirt and take it off. Then he began to kiss Giyuu's neck, leaving hickeys and love bites, which earned soft moans from him. Sanemi unbuttoned Giyuu's shirt when they heard a little voice.

They both turned to the door and saw little Shuya standing at the door with his blanket. He looked at the two eyes wide. Sanemi sat down next to Giyuu and muttered to himself.

"Shit."~

a/n: poor little Shuya traumatized, oh well