"Only in the morning?" I joke.

We both laugh now. Then we hear some noice coming from downstairs. We stand up and see that they arrived back with a lot of fruit-looking food.

Neteyam helps me with climbing down the tree and when we're on the ground again, it's time for breakfast.

***
After breakfast we decided that we should stay here the whole day. I mean, we're all still a little bit tired from the long walk we did yesterday, especially Tuk. Neteyam and I are sitting next to eachother on the ground where we just had breakfast. Kiri and Lo'ak are back in the treehouse, fighting with eachother like always.

Tuk is playing with a little forest animal. But then she comes running up to us. "Do you guys wanna play hide and seek?" She excitedly asks.

Neteyam looks at me and I nod. "Of course we wanna play hide and seek with you!" I smile.

"Yesss!" She screams.

"Go get Lo'ak and Kiri" Neteyam smiles.

She climbs up into the tree and after a few seconds she comes back down with her brother and sister.

We stand up and gather around. "Okay, who wants to be the seeker?" Tuk asks.

"I want to" Lo'ak responds.

He starts counting immediately.

"1, 2, 3, 4-"

We all start running into another direction, far away from Lo'ak and the tree.

"8, 9, 10! I'm coming!" He yells.

I'm standing behind a tree, Kiri has climbed into another tree a few meters away from me and Neteyam is hiding in the bushes.

After a few minutes of searching, Lo'ak finds Kiri.

"You cheated!" He says.

"No, I didn't! Why do you think that?" Kiri replies, while climbing out the tree she was sitting in.

"Because you climbed into a tree, that's cheating!"

"We are literally in a forest, you skxawng! Where else could I go? And how is that cheating?"

"Because!" He yells.

"Why do you always have to pick on me?!" Kiri yells back.

"Because you always cheat!"

I laugh at their bickering. They don't even notice that Neteyam silently comes out of his hiding spot to come stand with me behind this tree. He's also laughing about this situation.

I'm now leaning my back against the tree and Neteyam is standing really close to me, so his brother can't see him.

"These two, I swear" He laughs sofly.

"I know, they're too funny" I smile.

"I still can't figure out how they are my siblings"

I laugh again and then we start listening again.

After a few minutes I suddenly hear a sound coming from the other direction. I turn my head to my left, where the sound is coming from.

"What is it?" Neteyam whisperes.

"Shh" I say, while putting my pointer finger against my mouth.

He turns his head into the same direction as me, still not getting what I am hearing.

I listen very good, hoping to find an answer to his question. It's hard, because Lo'ak and Kiri are still bickering. But after a few more seconds of listening, I finally hear it clearly.

Voices.

Neteyam hears it too, now. He looks at me. "Did you see where Tuk went?"

My eyes widen.

"No I didn't.. Fuck!" I whisper.

"We gotta find her" He says.

We run up to Kiri and Lo'ak.

"Hey! We're not done playing yet, why did you come out?" Lo'ak asks.

"Shut up, both of you. There are voices coming from that direction.." Neteyam points out. "..and we don't know where Tuk went. So stop fighting with eachother and help us find her!"

Their eyes widen, now also hearing the voices. The three of them immediately start running into seperate directions to find their little sister.

I, on the other hand, run back to the treehouse to find something that can help me find Tuk. When I'm up, I find her little cape where she slept on last night. I pick it up and notice that her smell is still on it. I take a good whiff, climb down the tree again and start searching.

Oh how I hope that this ends well..

***