| Chapter 41| The Audacity Of The Bad

Start from the beginning

****

Footsteps patted against the grass when someone entered the garden. The footsteps were so light that Aaban didn't even notice it. He only noticed the presence when someone sat beside him on the patio chair. The chair was two seater.

He craned his neck to see the person when he saw her. Olive skin, brown eyes with tiny freckles dancing on her cute button nose. His breath almost caught in his throat at the sight of her.

She was bare of any makeup yet still she managed to took his breath away. Maybe, that's what attract him most to her. Her simplicity. Her naivety. Her decency. Her over all everything.

She snapped his fingers at him and only then he came out of his wonder land. Pink hues tainted his cheek at the idea of being caught staring. He immediately looked away so she won't nofice.

A small smile already greeted her lips. She pursed her lips to control her smile before saying softly

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Aaban once again looked at Kinza. His heart swelled at the idea that she might care for him. He answered truthfully

"I don't want to eat alone."

His answer made Kinza sad. She had been how upset he's been these days. His once charming, always cheerful personality was lost somewhere. She doesn't like this dull aura of him. It's make him less Aaban like. She was used to seeing him with a cheeky grin etched onto his lips and mischief glinting in his eyes.

She doesn't like the hollowness that now adorned his beautiful brownish-hazel eyes. She sighed before saying again

"But you can't starve yourself like that."

Aaban chuckled before lightly joking

"Would you let me starve myself?"

She chuckled before answering

"I would never."

Her voice was determined and it ignited a spark inside both of their chests. Air around them suddenly felt cold. Harsh breaths could be heard. Both were lost looking into each other's eyes. Aaban was the one to break off the contact. Kinza shuffled in her seat before standing up abruptly. She avoided eye contact before saying

"C'mon, let's eat. I haven't eaten too."

Aaban nodded his head before standing up. She immediately ran inside the house making Aaban laughed. This woman would be the death of him one day...

****

Shiza's POV

It was late afternoon now. It's maybe close to 3 in the noon. I had been busy working in the kitchen. Since the separation from the Haveli, I had little to no work. Since there's only two of us, my house chores are very limited. Shah Zain also really helped me everytime so there's not so much to do when I'm alone in the house.

Like now, I had decided to reset the kitchen things once again. Sometimes, I missed the Haveli's kitchen. I was used to it and it was fun making dinner or lunch for everyone.

But now there's just the two of us and sometimes it did get a little boring. Shah Zain was also used to having constant bickering between him and his brother throughout the dinner. He missed his family so much.

So, I was about to touch the cabinets when I heard my phone went off from the room. I sighed before walking towards the room. As I checked the caller, my lips gathered into a smile. I picked it up before speaking softly

"Asalamualikum, how are you?"

The voice greeted me back from the other side

"Walikum asalam, appi. How are you?"