“We weren’t sure what to do with him and were afraid so we trapped him in the ground and filled it up with water from the Salty Lake,” The woman said.

“What? What water? What lake?” Hannah asked in a panic.

“Salt weakens demons so we placed him…”

“Take me to him now,” Hannah cut off the woman.

“Follow me,” The Mai said and gestured at Hannah to come with her.

Others in the area followed behind them as they walked to where they had Garin trapped. When they reached the spot, Hannah gasped in horror when she saw Garin with chains all over his body, trapped in the ground with salt water in it as well.

He was shivering all over and his skin was so pale and weltered that he looked like a melting ghost. The dark markings from Manilo’s arrows had spread all over his entire body and were on his face as well. His skin was also sizzling because the salt in the water was burning him slowly like a slightly less corrosive acid.

“What have you done to him?” Hannah yelled and dashed over to him at super speed.

She broke the chains off his body and raised him out of the ground. As she did this, the people moaned in terror because they didn’t want the demon out of the only thing that was negating his powers. The white tiger growled defensively and Mai Ngodo held a small vial of salt in her hand.

Hannah was so scared for Garin’s life but was also very angry at the people for what they had done to him. She couldn’t blame them though. Demons weren’t treated with care and love by anyone in their entire existence, not even by themselves so it was expected but it still made her angry.

“Great Angel! You have to leave him in there unless he will damn all of our souls to hell,” Mai Ngodo warned.

“No, he won’t. He’s my husband and he needs help,” Hannah replied, “Bring me some dry towels. Now!”

Hannah carried him over to the same igloo that she was in a few minutes ago and placed him on the mat. Mai Ngodo came into the igloo, along with the boy and the tiger.

“You heard the angel! Bring some more towels,” The Mai said.

The people that were watching from outside sent some towels in and the Mai gave them to Hannah who spread them all over Garin to keep him warm. The angel looked over her shoulder and saw that there were too many people watching her and Garin like they were some sort of freak show and she didn’t like it.

“Tell them to go away,” Hannah told the Mai.

The Mai spoke to the others and they left but the boy and his pet tiger stayed back. With everyone gone, Hannah prepared to use her healing powers to try to help Garin. She didn’t know if angels could heal nephalem-inflicted wounds but that didn’t deter her from trying. She placed her hands over Garin’s body and her fingers glowed like stars. At first, nothing was happening but after a while, Garin’s breathing started to get calmer and the markings were starting to disappear from his body.

“Remarkable,” Mai Ngodo had never seen the power of an angel in real life and was astounded to be witnessing it after spending a hundred and two years on earth learning about them.

Hannah continued healing him until all of the markings cleared from his skin. His temperature became higher and his complexion wasn’t so pale anymore. He was healed now but he still needed to rest because of the damage that the salt had done to him.

“You’ll be fine, My Love. You’ll be alright,” Hannah said and kissed him on the lips.

This shocked Mai Ngodo a lot because she had just witnessed with her own eyes, an angel show care, affection and love for a demon. She didn’t understand why and was eager to understand.