Rain

I turn back to the bar, sliding enough cash under my empty glass to cover at least 4 rounds of what I've had, before getting up from my seat and briskly walking towards the exit. I decide not to use my technique this time considering it will alert Satoru to my presence and I risk him escaping me once again. I reach the glass doors out from the bar and push them open as I then descend the short flight of exit steps which follow.

As I leave, I feel water droplets land on my bare arms as it begins to rain. I'm aware of the umbrella in my bag, but have no time to waste if I want to catch up with him. It's night time now and fewer people are out which means I have a clear view ahead. The long cobblestone street stretches into the distance with the sea to the right of it, and it's lit by streetlights every eight or so yards along the sea wall. I can see Satoru walking by said wall, about 100 yards in the distance. He's wearing a white shirt and black dress trousers, as if our outfits have reversed colours on the top and bottom.

At first, I begin a quick walk. I'm sure I wont lose sight of him, which means I don't have to sprint towards him. But the rain begins to get heavier, it's not drenching quite yet, but if I spend ten or so minutes out here it won't be pleasant. My brisk walk turns into a jog and I allow my legs to stretch themselves out as I run. It feels as if I'm not making as much headway as I should be, as his long legs make light work of the distance ahead of him whilst I have to run to keep up.

My jog turns into a sprint and I pace towards him, finally making some ground. I let my legs carry me as fast as I can and a numbing sensation surrounds me as I travel as quickly as possible, the wind pushing my hair out of my face as I do so. Once I'm around 25 yards away from him, he turns around. He must have heard my footsteps, or maybe I subconsciously called his name, but either way he turns around.

I reach him.

I crash into him, arms outstretched as they wrap around him, and I hear him let out a confused murmur as I bury my face in his chest. I look up and a expression of recognition blesses his features as he realises it's me. I feel his arms encircle my back as the rain continues to fall, and my grip on him only tightens as I fear he might disappear at any moment, if this is even real at all.

I feel the rain against my face and he runs one of his hands up and down the back of my neck in comfort. We haven't even said a word to each other yet and I'm so emotional. I press my face against his chest once again, continuing the hug for another few minutes, just to savour the moment that I thought would never come.

I unravel one of my arms from his back, keeping the other there as I don't want him to escape my grip. But I don't have to worry about that. His arms are still around me as he rests his head on the top of mine with just as tight a grip as I had on him earlier. I grab the umbrella out of my bag and manage to press the button to extend it with one hand, causing Satoru to look up in surprise at the noise.

He takes the now open umbrella out of my grip and lifts it above the both of us as I meet his eyes. I keep one arm around him as I'm still afraid that if I let him go, this might once again be the end. He looks at me with an expression of regret, fear, and most of all love. I'm sure that my face reads the same.

"You found me." He says softly as I rest my head back onto his chest.

"You didn't make it easy."

"You still did it."

He moves his hand up from my back to my shoulder, where he brushes away a piece of hair which is damp with the rain. I'd missed that small action of his. He trails his hand up to my chin, tilting it upwards with a single finger. He leans down slowly and in an instant we're reunited. His lips meet mine tentatively and it feels like it's been millenniums since we've done this.