Reality

I wake up in an unfamiliar room and unfamiliar bed. I sit myself up against the plush headboard and search the room with my eyes, I look next to me and see that Satoru is nowhere to be found. He couldn't even have the decency to stay after what happened between us last night? If I had known he would have reacted this way to me meeting with Hana then I wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Nonetheless, I'm now 99% sure that it was her who shot the arrow, which has oddly put my mind at ease slightly. After leaving Satoru's room and returning to my own, I begin to get ready for the day, not needing to shower as we did that together last night. I enter the kitchen, and still, Satoru is nowhere to be found. I open the fridge and see that it's looking rather decimated, we don't even have essentials like milk or orange juice. I sigh, slipping on my trainers before leaving the apartment to pick up some groceries.

I take a shortcut through one of the narrow back streets near Satoru's apartment and begin my journey towards the grocery store. I should probably feel uneasy walking about by myself like this, but now that I know it's Hana who's got it in for me, she hardly feels like a worthy opponent. That is until I feel someone grab my wrist from behind me.

I whip around and my eyes meet a hooded figure. I immediately stop time with no hesitation, and inspect the assailant's grip on my wrist. I look up to their face and pull back the hood they're wearing. I was wrong to feel at ease because it's Hana, she's looking down at my wrist and then looks up at me before smiling sinisterly.

Wait... she smiles at me? But I'm sure I stopped time... I look up into the sky, sure enough the birds are frozen mid air and my technique is in effect. Before I can say anything, I'm blown backwards down the street with quite some force and as I look at my shoulder I see a shard of hardened blood sticking out from it. In the distance from where I was blown back I can see Hana beginning to pace towards me. I release my technique before stopping time once again, this time using hand signs to amplify it and ensure it's in place.

She stops mid step, and so does the rest of the world, it seems to be working against her now. My hand clutches at my shoulder as I begin to run away from where she's standing, but before I can do so I get a throbbing headache. It's the same type of pain that I get when Satoru attempts to negate my technique, but I keep moving and don't release my time stop because I know how dangerous she is. I keep running but I feel something pierce the left side of my back.

I don't even have to look behind me to tell it's a shard of hardened blood and have to pause momentarily to gain back my breath. Suddenly someone grabs my shoulder and whips me around. She must have freed herself from my technique earlier than I thought as she's already caught up to me. "You need to stay away from Satoru-" is all she says as I cut her off by instantly throwing a punch imbued with masses cursed energy, taking her by surprise. Psycho bitch. It it hits her stomach directly and she's flung backwards, giving me a chance to stop time once again and continue my escape.

I look at the shard in my shoulder, it's not too deep which most likely means she wasn't attempting to kill me. I know I was talking about Satoru and I being jealous of one another yesterday, but what Hana is showing is a new level of jealousy. As soon as my headache begins again, I release my technique. There's no point in exhausting myself further for a tactic that doesn't work against her anyway.

I continue to leave the ally behind, and luckily no one knows Tokyo like me. I take routes where I won't be seen by civilians, and circle back round to Satoru's building. I don't enter through the front, as 1) I fear that Hana may be surveilling the entrance and 2) I think it would scare the doorman witless to see someone with two stab wounds enter like this. I lug myself to the maintenance elevator and push the button to Satoru's level.