The moon is beautiful, isn't it?

Shoko eventually agrees to discharge me from Jujutsu tech's infirmary after she checks my vitals and even offers to drive me back home. Of course, I say yes considering there's no guarantee that Satoru will be there to take me home himself. She helps me pack my bag and hands me back my (now cleaned) katana. I sigh and look down at it.

"Guess I did get to use it in the end."

"I'm glad it was useful." Shoko replies, patting me on the back and gently pushing me towards the door of the infirmary room.

I walk through and look either way down the corridor once again, just in case he's there, just in case he's waiting. But he's not. Shoko sighs as she sees me do this and once again guides me forwards by her hand on my back as we move towards the exit. We finally reach the fresh air and walk down the same path where I fought Hana earlier. I see the crumbled wall where she died and they've already done a good job of clearing up the blood.

Before we begin to descend the steps to the car park, I spot something lying on the side of the path. I tear myself away from Shoko and walk over, picking the item up. It's Satoru's blindfold. He must have dropped it when he was leaving and I stuff it into my pocket before Shoko can see.

"What is it?" She calls from behind me.

"Nothing, I just thought I'd seen something." I reply, turning back to her and following down the steps.

We reach the car park and I check Satoru's usual spot for his car. It's not there. Shoko opens my door for me, passing me my bag before closing it. She comes round and jumps into the drivers seat before starting the engine and turning on the air conditioning. As she pulls out of Jujutsu tech's car park, she begins to speak.

"Where do you want me to take you?"

I contemplate my answer for a minute, resting my head against her window.

"To Satoru's" Is all I say. Most of my belongings are at his anyway so there's no point in going back to my own apartment.

She nods in response, understanding of my situation and accepting of what I have to do. The rest of the drive feels like an eternity and Shoko does not attempt to make small talk, which I'm grateful for. We finally pull into the building's garage, with the help of my directions, and both jump out of the car. We reach the elevator and as the metal doors slide shut in front of me I feel and overwhelming wave of nostalgia.

I think of me in the blue dress and Satoru carrying me in this very spot, who would have thought a metal box could trigger so many memories? Before I can fully succumb to my own thoughts, the lift pings and we reach his floor. Shoko says goodbye to me here and I watch the elevator doors slide shut in front of her face as I turn away, ready to proceed down the corridor.

I walk slowly, purposefully, as if I'm trying to manifest Satoru being in his home with my every step. I pull my keys out of my bag and I make myself believe that he will be inside. Shoko's words ring around my head 'then hope for the best', 'then hope for the best' oh I'm hoping all right. I push the key into the lock and open the door. Silence. I pause before entering. Without him here it doesn't feel right, it feels like I don't belong. But then I realise that's because home is defined as somewhere you feel safe, somewhere that provides protection and peace, and to me, that's Satoru himself.

For me, home isn't this apartment, it's not my apartment, it's wherever Satoru is. Meaning at this point in time, I feel so very far from home.

But still 'hope for the best' I repeat in my head. I haven't searched the whole apartment yet right? I'm sure he'll be here, just in another room. I move into the kitchen area, closing the door quietly behind me. It's as if he's hiding somewhere and I don't want to scare him away with any loud noises. In my mind I've allowed Satoru to become some mystical creature, some fantasy being that might disappear ephemerally if I don't act a certain way or I do something wrong.