Charming Part 6

Six"Hey, Big Brother

Six
"Hey, Big Brother." She grinned, thankful that the big sunglasses she was wearing didn't show the anxiousness, hurt, and anger in them. Opie didn't say anything as he peeled off the gloves and moved toward her.

"What are you doing here?" He pulled her into a tight hug and she almost crumbled to the ground as the emotions rolled through her.

"Ry? What's wrong, why are you here?" The other men who had been working with Opie paused, they had never heard the other man talk that much before. "Jax forced me to come down." Looking over her head, he held his hand up and steered her towards his beat-up truck.

"Wendy, I guess died when she was having Abel and he wants me to become the baby's mother." She let out a rush and pushed the sunglasses up to rub her hands against her eyes. "How can I do that, Ope? He cheated on me again with a friend?"

"Because you love him." He started as he lit a smoke and handed it to her silently.

Smoking to them both was stress relieving and Ryder needed it.

"Please don't give me the rah-rah, he's the mother's charters Vice President bullshit because I have already heard it from everyone in Tacoma."

"No, it's not that." He blew out a billow of smoke, "It's because you two were made for each other. And god damn did I hate when you two got together." 

Ryder was sitting on the tailgate next to him, moving her feet back and forth, "You did?" 

The older Winston nodded his head, "You are my baby sister, I didn't give a damn if he was my best friend. No one was going to hurt my sister." 

"You would beat up Jackson Teller?" when he didn't answer she pushed his shoulder in annoyance. "Once or twice." He finally returned, "he beat me to beating the shit out of Hale."

"How did I not know this?" She asked taking another smoke out of the pack, she had forgotten how much this helped.

Opie shrugged his shoulders smirking, the fight between him and Jax was kept from her because after it was finished, it was done, and never talked about it again. "We both saw how devastated you were when he dumped you and how much it hurt being around them."

Ryder blinked her eyes several times. 

"It's not just because you love him. It's because you provide stability. You are the only rock-solid thing he has other than the club. And you can give that to Abel too." 

"How," she questioned, "how are you so goddamn smart?" Opie shrugged his shoulders, "Come over later? Donna and the kids would love to see you."

 "Yeah, go back to work, I have to meet Abel and save my daughter from Grandma Gemma."

"One day you are going to have to forgive her," Opie commented. "And that would be a cold day in hell." The younger Winston threw as she went back to her car.