Charming Town 4

Four"Be careful Mrs

Four
"Be careful Mrs. Teller. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you or to your sweet daughter." Stahl commented as Ryder gathered her items up from the table, they had just won the case, and now the redhead was itching to leave the courthouse and get home first to her daughter then down to Charming.

"Are you threatening me, Agent Stahl?" Ryder returned as she turned around, she had never been outright threatened like that before and no one had ever threatened her daughter before. And she had been in a position many times before where she had been threatened, mostly by rival MCs and disgruntled ex-girlfriends of her old man. The fact that Stahl was doing so in front of everyone in the courtroom was surprising.

 "I am just telling you the truth." "And I am going to tell you something here Agent, don't ever threaten me," Stahl smirked as Kozik stepped between them, his eyes going back to Ryder, waiting for silent permission. If it was any other old lady, he would have intervened right away but Ryder and Gemma would be the two who demanded respect and the right to defend themselves without the Sons stepping in.

"Or what? You will have your boy here make me disappear?" The redhead licked her lips with her own smirk forming, "who said I needed a man to handle things?" There was one thing that Gemma and Luanne taught her, and that was to handle her business and not to get the club involved unless it was absolutely necessary. And it had only been absolutely necessary once and she had sworn that she would never get them involved again.

"Come on sweetheart, we should get going." Kozik said, "Don't want to keep Tot wanting too long." Ryder tore her eyes away from Stahl and nodded her head. "Yeah, let's go." "I will be seeing you around Mrs. Teller." 

"Ry, it's not worth it." The blond muttered, "Let's go." "Yeah, we will be seeing you." Ryder returned. June Stahl wasn't someone who was scared easily and the return threat from Ryder was nothing that she couldn't handle.
***
"Did Juice say anything?' The redhead asked once they were in her cage and going back towards her house. "He is still looking into it." "She can't just be targeting me to get to Samcrow right?"

She had been trying to rack her brain and figure out what this woman had shown up and was trying to get under her skin. Jax, Opie, and Piney had made damn sure that she wasn't involved with anything dangerous, she knew some stuff but it was a watered-down version of it.

"I don't know sweetheart, we will get it figured out, the only thing that matters right now is getting you to Charming for Jax." 

"I know.' She returned looking out of the windshield, her mind was going a million miles a minute, trying to figure out the Stahl thing and the whole Jax having a baby with Wendy. It was just way too much for her to try and handle right then, but she had to get everything straight before she got back to Charming. 

There was one thing that she refused to do and that was to fight with Jax in front of Harley. She had seen enough of it when she was younger with her own parents and she didn't want Harley to have the same memories.
***
Dr. Tara Knowles paused in front of the window that looked in at Abel Teller and sighed, she had messed up right off the bat when she had approached Jax, Gemma, and Clay the day before. She had hoped that Jax would have been happy to see her but she was dead wrong.

The last time she had seen him and Ryder.

The two girls had gotten into a fight and been arrested by Wayne Unser. It was the second and last time Tara had been in trouble with the law.

"You know." Audrey Hale commented from the exit, "She is here now and she isn't going to be happy that you are here and working on Abel's case."

"It's not her choice Audrey, it's Jax's choice."

The blonde shrugged her shoulders, "I am just letting you know. And good money is on Ryder winning out."

 Audrey had been one of Ryder's best friends since grade school, and she had seen firsthand how much Jackson Teller loved Ryder and how much she loved him in return. And if Tara Knowles got involved she knew that Ryder though she said that she was over Jax and the club would fight tooth and nail for him. 

Tara scoffed at the statement, Ryder had not only become a lawyer but a mother, she would have lost that killer instinct.
***
Piney Winston's house
**
The sun was just starting to peak over the trees when Happy pulled the cage into the driveway of Piney's house. Jax's Dyna was sitting in the driveway next to Piney's bike and the Caddy. 

"Here we go."

 Ryder muttered scrubbing her eyes, she had stayed up the whole car ride down from Tacoma, mostly with her thoughts and because she didn't want to leave Happy up all night. 

"You got this." Happy's gravelly voice said as he turned off the car and opened the door. She went to follow suit but was stopped when her husband appeared already holding open the door.

"Jesus." She breathed putting her hand on her heart, "Say something next time! You scared the shit out of me! Who told you I was coming down?"

"Your old man." He returned tilting his head back to the house. "Of course he did, the Sons gossip more than women." There was a barking laugh from behind them, Donut, one of the Tacoma sons who had followed them down, "That is true Ry, Lee thought ya were going to make us haul you down here kicking and screaming." Ryder rolled her eyes, "Donut, hush, or you are going to be on Harley duty next time she gets sick.'

The man paled, Harley had been sick a handful of times and they had been tasked to watch her and it was even worse than getting stuck on hospital duty. He and Bull had nightmares of when Ryder was put on bed rest in the hospital and then had to have an emergency c-section.

"Daddy!" Harley's excited squeal came from the backseat causing Jax to go around his wife and get their daughter out of her car seat. Seeing Harley's happy expression at seeing her father again made the trip and the stress worth it.