09: Aftermath

Averil's pov.
I felt amazing, my head was clear and so were my worries, for now. The three vampires cuddled against me and I fell asleep for what felt like ten hours which was just four.

But I ended up having to go back home because it was getting dark and Dane would be home soon. I sneaked out of their house when they went to go put Bailey to bed.

I was now cooking dinner for Dane, I tried my absolute best to get their scents off of me, but for an Omega's wolf sense of smell I couldn't really tell.

I was skinning potatoes and I heard the front door open up. Footsteps were making their way towards the kitchen. "Hi Averil." Dane kissed me on the cheek making my body tense up.

He goes to sniff my neck and I drop the vegetable peeler.

He smelled of alcohol and I could feel his energy change.

I looked up at him slowly and backed up. His eyes darkened.

His claws poked out and I took that opportunity to brace myself and get ready to shift.

"Why do you smell like those vampires.." he growled as his bones cracked, he was shifting..

I ran, shifting as well, Landing on all fours my vision upgraded and my hearing was much better.

Before I could cut the corner and run outside Dane's snarling huge wolf tackled me and bit at my side ripping my fur.

I yelped out.

He growled even louder, that was him telling me to shut up, but I still fought.

I tried to get him off of me by biting his neck but failed, so he continued to bite me and swipe his claws at me making me bleed excessively.

I finally got away from him by slipping under the decorative table that he couldn't fit under and ran out of the cracked door hollering out in pain.

My paws painted in my own blood, I ran to Kimberly's house. Thank goodness she was out taking the trash.

All I remember was falling against her feet and passing out.

——
I ended up staying the night at Kims house, well I had no choice because I basically woke up in her house..

"Please don't tell me you're going to stay with him after this." Kim pleaded with tears in her eyes as she wrapped up my arms, sides and legs.

There was huge bite marks and scratches on my side and my stomach along with the bruises from two nights ago.

"He didn't bruise my face, Kim." She ended up crying, tears streamed down her face, she continued to clean my cuts despite my protests.

I pulled her in a hug, allowing her to cry in my arms. "I-i feel so bad, you should be the one crying yet—yet I'm not even helping I can call the authorities and get you out of this Averil, please."

My eyes widened. "No, no it's fine, im too tired to cry, im okay— really please don't Kimberly please.." I knew the cops wouldn't do anything because Dane is a fucking retired cop.

She pulled back and cupped my face. "Soon he's going to be hitting you in the face.. and I'm so fucking scared.." her voice trembled.

Her worry made me break down and let all that I was holding in my chest loose, we cried together, but it ended as quickly as it started with a hard knock on her door.

She looked at me and placed her finger over her mouth signaling that I should be quiet.

She opened the door and with my best ability I scoot back on the couch attempting to hide myself.