CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS

Depuis le début

I know she would never fall for a guy like me. So, I'm going to get hurt. When this fake engagement ends, and she meets a man who steals her heart. I'm going to lose her. I don't stand a chance at getting her heart. And losing her is going to hurt way worse than what Rob and my ex did. I thought I loved her, but I am starting to think that was not real love. Because the way I feel about Sydney is deep love.  And makes what I had with my ex seem as it was just a crush.

I wish we weren't going to that club tonight. I wish I could just take her somewhere else. A nice restaurant. Maybe a movie.  I guess I need to step up my game and try and impress her and take her on some romantic dates. I mean for one we are supposed to be an engaged couple, so we need to look like one. I wish I could sweep her off her feet, and steal her heart, but I know that she won't ever fall for me. I mean after our first meeting. And now we are heading back to that club. I know it's going to bring up bad memories for Sydney. I should have spoken up when Steve and Tara said that we meet them there, but I didn't. But maybe I should call and cancel, and then see if Sydney wants to go somewhere else. I don't want her to have bad memories of that night come back to her. I know I hurt her that night. I had no idea that night the scars that she carries with her. 

Sydney's view:

I finally decide on my blue dress.  I do my makeup, and then decide to wear my hair down, and pull it to one side.

I go to the living room.  Tom is sitting on the couch.  Staring at the wall.  He looks lost in thought.

I stared at him a few minutes. He is so hot and so handsome.

I said, "Tommy I'm so sorry I took so long."  Tom turned his head really fast to me.  He smiles. A smile that leaves me almost unable to move.

Tom said, "don't be, you are always worth waiting for., and you look beautiful as always."  I know I'm blushing. I can feel my face warm up.

Tom said, "Sydney if you don't want to go tonight, I can call and cancel."  I am caught off guard by that. I mean what, he wants to cancel. I just spent two hours getting ready. Does he not even want to go out on a fake date with me? Do I look that bad?

Tom's view:

Dammit, I should have handled that better. I was planning on telling her I could cancel then take her out some place nice, but she is so beautiful, and just looks so hot tonight, it's making it hard to focus and talk. But now she looks hurt.  I can tell that she's trying to fight back tears.

I said, "Sydney" She said, "Tom I see why you don't want to go out with me, but we are on a case, and Adam wanted us to go tonight with them, so that they can say that they met us at a club. There friends are going to be there, and then will see us meet them. If we cancel" she said all that without looking at me. She is looking at the wall.

I said, "Sydney let me finish. I meant if you want to cancel tonight, then you and I could just go someplace else, just the two of us. I would rather do that than have you upset or uncomfortable."  She sat down by me.  She said, "Why would I?"

I said, "I meant I don't like going to that club, I don't want you to be reminded of our first meeting. I was a jerk that night Sydney. I hurt you, and I deeply regret it. I was hurt, my pride was hurt by you, so I didn't handle it well, and I lashed out. You are the sweetest girl I've ever met, and I am so sorry."

She touched my hand.  Making my skin almost burn at her slight touch.  She left her hand on my hand.  My whole body is reacting to her touch. How can she be getting to me this bad, just by a small touch. If she only knew what she was doing to my body, especially the lower half of my body that I'm trying to control.  She's making it so hard on me.