Chapter 2: The Misfits

Star-Lord goes over to Xandar to visit The Broker, until he encounters an assassin, who wants the Orb, and two thugs who are after the bounty placed on the outlaw...

Earth, 1996

Over in St. Charles, Missouri, there was a rural farm which belonged to a small family. The sun was setting down, while the birds were heard chirping in the distance. Then, in the basement of the farmhouse that resides there, a young boy was resting on his bed while listening to some rock music. The boy was actually a young Blake Riley and this farmhouse belonged to the Riley family.

Blake was jamming out to his favorite band, Star-Lord. His mother introduced him to this band, as they were also her favorite. She really enjoys listening to heavy metal. Unaware of Blake, a knock was heard at the door. Then, the door opened, revealing it to be Owen, his father, and Selina, his mother. As they saw their son listening to his music, they simply shook their heads and chuckled in amusement.

Owen walked over to him and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. Blake looked up to see his father, as he paused his music and took off his headset.

Owen: "Hey kiddo, we've been calling out for you. No wonder why you couldn't hear us."

Young Blake: "Sorry, dad."

Owen: "Whatcha listen' to, kiddo?"

Blake then handed him the foldout cover of the tape he's listening to.

Owen: "Heh, of course. "Star-Lord"... who's the creepy guy with the red glowing eyes?" He asked.

Young Blake: "He...really doesn't have a name. He's one of the Space Riders! And he's not creepy, dad, he's cool."

Selina: "Yeah, hon."

Owen: "Alright, alright. Your Space Rider definitely looks like he's got his hands full. I mean, look at these lizard guys." He showed it to his wife.

Selina: "Mind if we listen to it for a bit?"

He then handed his headset to his parents, as he then played the song. Owen was really enjoying it, while Selina was rocking out to her favorite band.

Selina: "Pretty far out!"

Young Blake: "Nobody says "far out" anymore, ma." He said as his mother didn't listen. "Ma! Nobody says "far out" anymore." He repeated, getting her attention.

Selina: "Oh, well, your mom does. You know, maybe we should see if we can get tickets to see them live."

Young Blake: "Really?! Would we go, dad?!" He beamed up in excitement.

Owen: [Chuckled] "Yeah, we would if it makes you and your mom happy. You know, I always find you listening to those songs. Why don't you listen to other artists like Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, or even The Hollies?"

Young Blake: "I do listen to them from time to time. Even others like Blue Swede, Heart, Rolling Stones, KISS, Metallica, Journey..."

Owen: "Okay, okay, okay, I was just messin' around kiddo."

Selina: "Alright, you two, I'm gonna be cooking up dinner for the three of us. In the meantime, Blake clean up this mess, please. I almost stepped on Chewie and Bee, here." She said as she held up two figures of Chewbacca and Bumblebee.

Young Blake: "Yes, mom."

Both parents stood up and headed out. Blake puts on his headset and continues playing his music. He gets up from the bed and starts reorganizing his stuff.