Chapter 1: The Orb

The introduction of Blake Riley's Star-Lord and how he became the Legendary Outlaw the galaxy knows by and his enemies' most wanted...

—

In the far reaches of space, a ship flies over the planet, Morag. It used to be the home of an advanced and flourishing civilization that was wiped out by a global warming catastrophe. The ship landed on the planet, near a temple.

Then, the back of the ship opened, as a figure walked down. He was wearing a long black trench coat, a jacket underneath, jet boots, and the noticeable colors on him were red, blue, and gold. He was even wearing a mask, the eyes glowing blue, to cover his face. He looked around the planet, as he took out a holographic map.

"Stay with the ship. Contact me if there's anyone else looking for it."

"Understood, Captain."

He then proceeded to move forward, looking over the device, as it showed projections of the civilization on this planet that had lived before this happened. The map led him to the entrance of a ruined temple. He entered the temple, walking through and kicked a couple of Orlonis that tried to attack him. He activated his jet boots to fly over a large gap, and brought out a tool to open two large doors and reveal an area.

He walks inside and finds the Orb, floating inside of a barrier. The man then took out a gravity mine and aimed it towards the Orb, to which it flew straight into the mine.

"Oh, I really love this thing. Now, my little friend, you must be the Orb that everyone's talking about. I wonder what is so special about you." He said as he was inspecting the Orb.

"Drop it! Drop it now!"

He then turned around to see Korath and two Kree soldiers aiming their weapons toward him, as they entered.