Chapter 28

The living room remained silent for a moment, the air heavy with unspoken tension

The living room remained silent for a moment, the air heavy with unspoken tension. Eloise's family, eager for answers, stared at her expectantly. Eloise took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before she began to address their questions.

One by one, the family bombarded her with inquiries. They wanted to know why she had disappeared, why she hadn't reached out, and why she had chosen to elope with Theo. Eloise answered each question honestly, trying her best to articulate the complexities of her decisions and the emotions that had guided her.

Some siblings were visibly angry, their frustration and disappointment seeping through their expressions. They struggled to understand why Eloise had chosen a different path, one that seemed to go against the values and expectations they had all grown up with. However, Daphne, ever the nurturing sister, remained by Eloise's side, gently coddling her sister's two children and offering silent support.

But Anthony was still not happy. 

Theo, who had stood quietly in the corner, became the target of Anthony's anger. Anthony lunged at Theo, driven by his frustration and the sense of pride that had consumed him. Before anyone could react, Eloise, fueled by a surge of protective instinct, swiftly intervened.

With a surge of strength, Eloise grabbed Anthony by his hair and forcefully pulled him away from Theo. Her eyes blazed with determination as she faced her brother, her voice filled with a mix of anger and determination.

"Sod off, Anthony!" Eloise's words cut through the room, commanding attention. "I am not in any kind of distress, and I refuse to let you dictate my happiness. Theo and I have found love and joy in each other, and I will not let you tarnish that."

Anthony, stunned by Eloise's fierce reaction, was momentarily speechless. His eyes met hers, filled with a mixture of anger, regret, and a hint of realization. He saw the strength and conviction in his sister's eyes, the fire that burned within her.

As the room fell into a heavy silence, Eloise released her grip on Anthony's hair. She took a step back, her gaze unwavering. It was a pivotal moment, one that would forever shape the dynamics of their relationship.

Eloise's actions and words resonated with the rest of the family, who had been watching the scene unfold. They realized that Eloise had come into her own, standing up for herself and the choices she had made. It was a moment of empowerment, a declaration of independence that demanded respect.

Slowly, the tension in the room began to dissipate. The family, still processing the whirlwind of emotions, started to see Eloise in a new light. They witnessed her strength and determination, recognizing that she had become a force to be reckoned with.

In that moment, Anthony's anger transformed into a mix of admiration and regret. He realized the depth of Eloise's resilience and the authenticity of her love for Theo. The siblings would still have their differences, but a newfound understanding and acceptance began to take root.

Theo, grateful for Eloise's fierce defence, stepped forward and offered a sincere nod of appreciation. It was a small gesture that conveyed his gratitude for her unwavering support.

With tensions momentarily eased, the family continued their conversation, engaging in a more open and honest dialogue. It was a step towards healing and reconciliation, a chance for them to rebuild their bonds and find common ground amidst their differences.

As the tension began to ease in the room, Violet spoke up, her voice filled with a mix of hope and longing. "Eloise, my dear, your youngest sister is getting married soon. It would mean the world to her if you and Theo could attend the wedding. We have missed you so much, and there is no reason for us to say no. We are a family, after all."

Eloise looked at her mother, her expression softening. She understood Violet's desire to have the family reunited, especially on such a joyous occasion. Her heart yearned for that connection too, despite the complexities and differences that had driven her away.

She glanced at Theo, who nodded in support. "I think we should go, Eloise," he said gently. "Your family deserves a chance to see how happy we are together, and your sister's wedding is the perfect opportunity."

Eloise took a deep breath, feeling a mixture of apprehension and excitement. She looked around at her siblings, her mother, and the man she loved standing by her side. "Alright," she said, her voice filled with determination. "We will attend the wedding. But on our terms. No judgments, no expectations. Just family."

A collective sigh of relief swept through the room as the family embraced the idea. Violet's eyes sparkled with joy, and a smile crept onto her face. It was a moment of reconciliation, a step towards healing the fractures that had kept them apart for so long.