Chapter 3

Eloise lay on her bed, reading the latest copy of lady Wistledown

Eloise lay on her bed, reading the latest copy of lady Wistledown. She had always been intrigued by her; Lady Wistledown seemed like a person of high intellect. Eloise had always wanted to meet her, maybe finally she would have met a person who was straight-up honest and spoke her mind and not once bothered about what society thinks of her. But today it was much more special, Lady Wistledown had unknowingly helped her get out of the presentation at the ball.

"Goodness me, who might you be?" She thought to herself. "So ever you are, I will find you this season".

The night was a bit too tiring for her. It was after the season's first ball; she had managed to charm the queen with her outspoken nature but someone else had been named the season's diamond. Not like she wanted to be one but the pity that came after from her sister and mother was just unbearable. She was able to evade most dance requests throughout the night, escaping out with Penelope but she already dreaded the entire coming season of more dances and frills. All she wanted to do was read runaway to the country house if possible. Between all these thoughts Eloise finally found sleep taking over her.

It was the day of the race.

Antony had been persistent that the whole family must attend the race, and we all knew why. The eldest Bridgerton had taken interest in the season's diamond Edwina Sharma. He wanted his entire family there mainly so he can humblebrag to Edwina about his close-knit family.

When they reached the venue, Eloise spotted Penelope in the crowd and finally let out a sigh. She could finally walk away with her friend and not get bothered for the rest of the race. But as she was about to leave, she was stopped by her mother.

"Not so fast darling, why don't you and I take a walk around, we have a lot to talk about don't we" Violet drawled.

As expected from her mother, Violet Bridgerton had only wanted to talk about upcoming balls and not ignore every suitor that came her way.

They came to stop at a stall when Eloise finally decided that she has had enough. "Mum, might I tell you, my preferences are much different to girls my age, I do not like attending the ball let alone dancing with a bevy of frogs, hoping that one of them might be a prince".

While talking to her mother she gets her hand on a dog-grooming pamphlet. This piece of work seemed very much like the one of Lady Wistledown. Same texture, some printing, and even the same paper. Oh, she had to find Penelope.

She excused herself from her mother as fast as she could and goes looking for Penn.

"Oh, here you are" She spots Penelope next to her brother Colin, and reaches out for her. "I have something to talk to you about," she says but before she could talk to her best friend her brother interrupts.

"I was trying to have a conversation with her first sister," Colin Bridgerton tells. "Oh, brother It hasn't been a matter of hours since you have returned and you are already on my way" Eloise argues and drags Penelope with her.

"What is that you have to talk about?" Penelope asks and Eloise Bridgerton breathes out and talks about her latest discovery and how she must go looking for the print shop. "I must go to the place that prints this pamphlet; I might actually find a clue about Wistledown"

"Must you go to that part of the town; this might clearly be a mere coincidence. Bloomsbury is not a place for people like us" Penelope urges.

"Oh, I must, and as a matter of fact I must go now while everyone is busy with the race". Eloise says and runs off to find footman john. She was determined to find lady Wistledown and this might give her the lead she had been forever wanting.