Chapter 26

Eloise and Theo had come a long way since their elopement and the simplicity of their early years in Seaton

Eloise and Theo had come a long way since their elopement and the simplicity of their early years in Seaton. They had achieved success and recognition in their respective fields, carving a place for themselves in the bustling city of London. Theo's reputation as a respected barrister and Eloise's literary achievements had elevated their social standing, although they remained grounded and humble.

Their New beautiful home, now nestled among affluent professionals, was a testament to their hard work and perseverance. With their two children, Alice and Alex, they created a loving and nurturing environment. The family thrived, finding joy in their accomplishments and cherishing the connections they had forged with their extended family.

Visits to Seaton remained a cherished tradition, allowing them to reconnect with their roots and share the joys of their lives with their loved ones. Over the year, Eloise's bond with Viscount Everard grew even stronger, having lost her father. She affectionately called him "Papa Everard" and he treated her as a beloved daughter. Everard, now retired, enjoyed the bliss of being a doting grandfather to 3 grandkids; Eloise and Theo's two kids, and Louis, who had become like a true brother to Eloise, had a child as well.

Louis and His wife were the couple's dearest friends and visited London often. The visits between the families were filled with laughter, joy, and the exchange of stories. The grandchildren played together, creating memories that would last a lifetime. Eloise marvelled at the love and acceptance she had found within this extended family, feeling grateful for the path she had chosen and the love she had found with Theo.

during one such visit when Theo and Louis took charge of the kids at home. while Eloise strolled through the bustling streets of London, accompanied by Isabelle, Louis's wife, and Papa Everard. It was a rare occasion for them to be in the city together, and Everard couldn't resist the opportunity to spoil his daughters. As they walked, he carried bags filled with treats and small gifts, ready to shower his beloved "daughters" with affection.

Violet, overwhelmed by the sight of her daughter Eloise in the marketplace, couldn't believe her eyes. She had long given up hope of ever finding her, and now here she was, laughing and seemingly well-off. The happiness radiating from Eloise was bittersweet for Violet, for she had missed so many years of her daughter's life.

Instead of approaching Eloise directly, Violet decided to observe from a distance, accompanied by Kate, her daughter-in-law. She watched as Eloise interacted with Isabelle and Papa Everard, laughing and enjoying their company. Eloise's newfound joy was evident in the way she dressed and carried herself, a stark contrast to the life Violet had imagined for her daughter.

Violet's heart ached as she heard Eloise address Papa Everard with affection, using the word "papa." It was a reminder of the years she had missed, the moments she had been absent from Eloise's life. Suppressing her emotions, Violet swiftly took Kate by the arm and led her back home, her mind filled with a mix of curiosity and concern.